Face lift grill ?

missviper

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having my grill change to the honeycomb face-lift grill.
Anyone direct me to a decent supplier that maybe able to fit this also. Ideally midland area.
Is this an easy swap?

It's easy enough to DIY, hardest bit is removing the old grille off the bumper because the clips are tough and you may need to adjust the foam covering the crash bar. I think there is guide on it somewhere.

I got my grille from Ali Express...I suspect most of them come from there anyway

Reactions: missviper
It's easy enough to DIY, hardest bit is removing the old grille off the bumper because the clips are tough and you may need to adjust the foam covering the crash bar. I think there is guide on it somewhere.

I got my grille from Ali Express...I suspect most of them come from there anyway
Got link and pictures of your grill?
Trying to find a good one otherwise splash out for a genuine rs3 grill.

Reactions: missviper
Got link and pictures of your grill?
Trying to find a good one otherwise splash out for a genuine rs3 grill.
I bought it in 2019 and the seller is gone.

This looks like a similar one: link

Message the seller and ask for some more pictures. You can also ask for the quattro emblem that goes on the bottom (if you want it). I find the sellers are quite accommodating usually, if not, move onto another seller, plenty on there.

Reactions: AlS3BE

Message the seller and ask for some more pictures. You can also ask for the quattro emblem that goes on the bottom (if you want it). I find the sellers are quite accommodating usually, if not, move onto another seller, plenty on there.

View attachment 276048

Looks nice. Was that straight forward swap? Some says cutting foam, any idea what that’s about?

Looks nice. Was that straight forward swap? Some says cutting foam, any idea what that’s about?
It's easy enough. Off the top of my head (this isn't an exhaustive list as I did it years ago):

1. Disconnect the battery
  2. Remove the bumper
  3. Remove the grille from the bumper (this was a pain, the clips are really tight). Put the bumper on some trestles or something to make it easier to work on.
  4. Clip new grille to the bumper
  5. Swap the S3 badge off your current grille to the new one (there was no mounting for it on the new grille, I put a small self tapper in underneath the badge from behind - you'll know what I mean when you do it)
  6. Offer up the grille and bumper - if you're lucky you wont need to mess with the crash bar foam. The RS style grille dips in so it can snag the crash bar foam.
  7. If you do need to mess with the foam, take the crash bar cover off to reveal the foam underneath - there is clear tube inside which is the crash sensor)
  8. It's trial an error now, use a sharp knife and shave down the foam starting with the protruding bits, put crash bar cover back on and offer up the bumper. Repeat until it fits properly.
  9. Put the crash bar cover back on, you'll need to use some cable ties to keep it onto the bar. The clips on the cover won't work because the foam is slimmer
  10. Screw the bumper and grill back on
  11. Sell old grille, they go for good money if its a black edition one

Reactions: AlS3BE

View attachment 276048

That looks spot on. What is the splitter you have fitted if you don't mind me asking?

I've had a qoute to fit one for £140. So not that expensive to get fitted either. They qouted £260 for the grill. Or I can supply my own.