Very occasional Beeping from Glove box area (UK spec S Line)

helicopter_red

Reaction score
Has anybody experienced a beeping sound coming from around the glovebox footwell or left front of the car?
Over the last few days i have noticed a beeping, sometimes its one beep and sometimes two or three.
Its very random and not frequent so difficult to totally pin it down, or work out what it is.
I have emptied everything out from the glove box and all cubby holes and still does it, I can hear it over the radio and it does it when the radio is muted too, so its not the radio like i first thought..
Baffling me.

It could be coming from your MMI unit which is located in the glovebox, although this is the first time I have heard of this happening.

Robin do you know for a fact that something beeps in that area if there is a fault?
Audi say there shouldn’t be anything that beeps.
Was going to book it in under warranty but they say I might get charged if nothing is found.
As it’s so intermittent I wonder what the outcome would probably be.
Heard it again today, I’m certain it’s nothing of mine but who knows.

Cheers

Funny you say that on weekend I had same beep not sure where it came from was confused no warnings popped up

Does it sound when stationary or while driving? Sometimes I hear beep after driving and leaving the car, always thought it's just some electical component and it's normal. Also the previous car (earlier 8Y) did that.

Yes while driving and very intermittent, i have recorded just need to edit the 40 minute recording to find it, think i caught it a couple of times.

Is your car a manual or MHEV? Sometimes when I first drive off without any music on nor climate on, might have heard such a beep coming from the MHEV unit/battery thing. But that thing is below the drivers seat and not the glovebox area though.