Remote Central locking issues

Lynton

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Audi A3 sportsback with central locking issues. I have VCDS but cant seem to sort the problem. The car will lock and unlock using the buttons on the drivers door , with the ignition on. The car will unlock using the remote but will not lock with the remote. But if i hold down the unlock button all the windows drop. And will raise if i hold the lock button. So the remote is communicating. Whats stopping the doors locking on the remote.????

Do the indicators flash when you click lock?

Sounds like bonnet lock or a door lock has a fault, ideally need to diagnose it key lock signal is received by the car with mvb's & check each door module & conv module for signals received.

Do the indicators flash when you click lock?

Sounds like bonnet lock or a door lock has a fault, ideally need to diagnose it key lock signal is received by the car with mvb's & check each door module & conv module for signals received.
Thanks for the prompt reply, hadn't thought about bonnet lock. Indicators dont flash when pressing lock button but do flash on unlock.

Did they flash on lock before the issue?

If so then basically it's detected a door, bonnet or boot lock is not showing as closed.as thats why they stop flashing on lock, if coded to do so that is.

Does the rear wiper work, check wiper movement & the jet wash.

Did they flash on lock before the issue?

If so then basically it's detected a door, bonnet or boot lock is not showing as closed.as thats why they stop flashing on lock, if coded to do so that is.

Does the rear wiper work, check wiper movement & the jet wash.
Again thank you for so much useful information. It did flash on lock originally. But it was parked up for a few months and then these problems started. I wont be able to do anymore until the weekend but i will report back.

Again thank you for so much useful information. It did flash on lock originally. But it was parked up for a few months and then these problems started. I wont be able to do anymore until the weekend but i will report back.
Rear wipers and washers all work ok.
Iv checked, all the door locks are showing closed on VCDS. I get no errors from any of the door locks. Bonnet shows as closed. Fob unlocks doors, flashes indicators, but wont lock doors (Indicators don't flash) , If unlock fob buttons is held in, all windows go down . If lock button is held in windows close, Rear tailgate wont open using fob or button on tailgate, Tailgate wiring checked for continuity, from Tailgate lock motor, Tailgate button and tailgate closed microswitch, to the "Onboard Supply Control unit" all good.