Central locking issues

lisaclio

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a problem with my drivers door unlocking. I've tried to search this problem but haven't found anything yet.

Basically I can lock my doors with my fob but when I go to the car when I unlock it I can hear the motor inside trying to unlock it but nothing. So use my key. They when I set off and the automatic door locks kick in I can here a longish whine of the lock trying to lock the door. It eventually locks but I don't want to ruin it even more. Also need a part number for the replacement.

Cars an 2005 a3 sportback 2.0tdi bkd 140 engine.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You need a new door lock mechanism like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142026072022
I had the exact same problem on my passenger door and has been fine since I changed it. I found a guide on here on how to do it and found a video on YouTube. it took about 45 mins altogether and is just a straight swap.
Make sure you get a 5 door one as 3 and 5 door locks are different.

Reactions: lisaclio
Yeah usually its the microswitches that get gunged up or mess about, you can strip them apart & clean & they do usually work again properly, but by the time you've done this its possibly easier, cheaper & quicker to just swap the lock out.

Yeah usually its the microswitches that get gunged up or mess about, you can strip them apart & clean & they do usually work again properly, but by the time you've done this its possibly easier, cheaper & quicker to just swap the lock out.

This is exactly our experience...The keen DIYer may wish to strip down -> have a look, see how it works -> attempt repair. So long as the potential for duplicate labour wouldn't be too much of a slap in the face.

Reactions: NHN
100% agree on that, after all time is money aswell :)

Reactions: vag-tech
I didn't think you could strip them down as they are encased in plastic. Going to buy one when pay day comes as they ain't cheap even for a 2nd hand unit. Mine seems to be fine in damp wet weather but when it's sunny it never unlocks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk