S3 stage1 stutter/misfire @4500rpm WOT

bates

Reaction score
I’m pulling my hair out here guys and really would appreciate some advice.

3 weeks ago I had my 2017 s3 remapped by a local company.

Since the map the car has
1. Misfires WOT, worse in ‘D’ than ‘S’ and not in manual (4K-5k powerband)
3. Idle is fine
4. Had misfire count cyl2, replaced coil

Ive fitted:
1. New sparks
2. New PCV and hose which looked heavily worn
3. Cyl2 new coil

I’ve checked for air leaks, VCDS, data logging… no issues. Rolled back to standard map and issue goes away.

We also tried another map used and tested on 19 other s3 with no problems.

Ive thrown a fair bit of money at this now. Should I cut loses and run stock?

Who did the remap for you? There is a chance your car needs slightly different values than just uploading ready made map. I would also check camshaft adjuster magnets 06J109259A.
Once removed, the "nipple" in the middle of the sensor should move freely up and down when you turn it upside down.

Last edited:
Who did the remap for you? There is a chance your car needs slightly different values than just uploading ready made map. I would also check camshaft adjuster magnets 06J109259A.
Once removed, the "nipple" in the middle of the sensor should move freely up and down when you turn it upside down.

Hello, thanks for response. Applying the map a local company, obtains files from a dyno company. I agree with your statement but ‘apparently’ there was nothing to be shown in the datalogging. Mysterious

To be specific, when in ‘D’ mode, oddly enough, the car will shift to second and bounce back to 4.5k revs, it’ll machine gun then continue and shift up, back to 4.5k revs and do the same. Typically through 2nd and 3rd only.

Urmm is this a gearbox issue showing up, adding too much torque maybe is highlighting an existing issue that will maybe arise sooner or later.

Urmm is this a gearbox issue showing up, adding too much torque maybe is highlighting an existing issue that will maybe arise sooner or later.
I think I best just leave it stock either way