Engine stutter - S3

David83S3

In my opinion .....
Reaction score
Hi Audi folks

So I recently had an OP to repair 2 Inguinal Hernias. All done now and recovering, but I haven't been able to drive.

My car has been sat doing nothing since the 3rd May. It had 1 short run (By my brother) on Monday 9th May. It might be worth also stating that I park my car on a serious slope. My parking space at the new flat is not great and sits on a very steep slope so the car was engine up to the sky.

I attempted driving for the first time yesterday (Wasn't a good idea as it hurt like hell). Started him up and as I waited for my friend to get in I noticed the engine sounded like it was about to stall. It was spluttering and really didn't sound healthy. Thought maybe it needed warming up so I pulled away slowly and started my journey very cautiously. I noticed a very obvious engine stutter. Going up the gears ....every so often the engine would stutter and I could feel a loss of power. Once the engine was up to temp I gave it a couple of short bursts ...see if that helped.

Got to where I was going for lunch. Had lunch. Then headed home again.

The journey home was fine. Didn't notice the stutter. Due to the pain I wont be driving it again for a few days so cannot check it again for now.

Thoughts?

I guess the simple answer is take it into Audi to be checked out.

Reactions: pburv
Hi Audi folks

So I recently had an OP to repair 2 Inguinal Hernias. All done now and recovering, but I haven't been able to drive.

My car has been sat doing nothing since the 3rd May. It had 1 short run (By my brother) on Monday 9th May. It might be worth also stating that I park my car on a serious slope. My parking space at the new flat is not great and sits on a very steep slope so the car was engine up to the sky.

I attempted driving for the first time yesterday (Wasn't a good idea as it hurt like hell). Started him up and as I waited for my friend to get in I noticed the engine sounded like it was about to stall. It was spluttering and really didn't sound healthy. Thought maybe it needed warming up so I pulled away slowly and started my journey very cautiously. I noticed a very obvious engine stutter. Going up the gears ....every so often the engine would stutter and I could feel a loss of power. Once the engine was up to temp I gave it a couple of short bursts ...see if that helped.

Got to where I was going for lunch. Had lunch. Then headed home again.

The journey home was fine. Didn't notice the stutter. Due to the pain I wont be driving it again for a few days so cannot check it again for now.

Thoughts?

I guess the simple answer is take it into Audi to be checked out.
Sure for peace of mind take it to the dealers but my guess is the fuel in the line probably bled back into the tank and took a while to feed back into the engine...:friends:
ps Glad the op went well...

Reactions: SW14NY'S, mike170 and David83S3