Front dome light upgrade

CallumHoward

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve got a 2014 a3 and I’m upgrading the interior dome light, I’ve followed a thread on here on how to do it but it’s not working for me.

If I swap my illumination pin and 12v(purple/white) it get the lights working ish, they work when pressed but not when the car is off

But if I have then as they should be the illumination work and the lights work for a second when pressed and door is open. I’ve followed all coding and instructions but no luck

Bit at a loss on what to do now

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    933.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    11.1 MB · Views: 30
Are you sure that you have pin 1 connected to a constant power fuse? From your description it sounds like you might have it connected to Terminal 15 (power on ignition only).

Are you sure that you have pin 1 connected to a constant power fuse? From your description it sounds like you might have it connected to Terminal 15 (power on ignition only).
Possibly, it’s in fuse f38, do you know a constant power fuse I could use?

Not sure about F38, it doesn't seem to be listed in the fuse location diagram.... though if you are using a fuse tap then use any fuse that is live when you turn the ignition off. It's easy to check, just put a volt meter across the top of each fuse (the pins are exposed at the top for this very reason) and see those that give you a 12V reading when the car is off.