Vehicle Speed Sensor Pulse , Where is it linked to ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score

Has any one the Circuit diagram , showing , where the output from the speed sensor is fed too ?

Assume its fed to the DASH -Speedometer , Possibly the ECU

Can anyone identify the Cable / socket / pin numbers etc ?

Fitted a after market Sat-Nav , which has provision to link to the speed-pulse

Tnx- Graham

Has any one the Circuit diagram , showing , where the output from the speed sensor is fed too ?

Tnx- Graham
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/resources/categories/3/ Try the 3 at the bottom of the page @AGB-S3 I have just uploaded navigation radio etc.

Last edited:

Tnx- Graham
GALA vehicle speed sensor in the radio nav pdf page 7 https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/resources/44/

Thanks - that's a help, are there links to the car wiring / circuit digrams Harness colours ?

G.

Reactions: MPH
Take a look at my RNS-e install, it shows you where the GALA speed sensor wire is in the dash and how to take a feed from it...

hth

Thanks all,

Just had a quick look through - That's some project !

I'm sort of half way, sat nav is in and working, no dab Ae yet
that needs to replace the original short whip - may add the gps
to the rear roof as well , gps Ae is mid under the dash at the moment

Can fit fin with tri-plext to feed all broadcast bands down the single
co-ax , simpler to fit , but , gps is best placed there with own coax feed ..

sat nav will take reversing camera .. do I really need one ...

tnx- Graham

GALA speed sensor wire i

That's the same as the speed sensor feed to the dash/speedo ?

I just had to tap into the GALA (speed signal) wire from the dash clocks. To do this you need to open up the Blue connector and tap into the green/white wire that is located in PIN 31

That's all you need to know for the 'speed sensor' feed from dash to sat nav.

I've found a reverse camera that I was going to add to my RNS-e, but never got round to it, I was going to drill a hole on the underside of the number plate light plinth in the middle of the two lights and fit it there...the securing nut is a bit naff so I think you would need to find a slimmer nut. I tested it by plugging it into my TV and powered it up so it does work.

You're welcome to have it mate, free of charge, as it's no use to me. PM me if you're interested, I'm happy to post it 2nd class.

IMG 20231211 124304

Thanks for the info and the offer - not sure on the camera yet, apparently the Alpine sat nav, only works with one of Alpines cameras .. and odd cables

The next big step is the Ae , Im not convinced the Ae mounted under the dash is making the best signal possible , could go for a rear roof all in one fin, that needs the cable harness feeding to the sat nav .. that would be the time to fit a camera ..how difficult that would be ..not sure

so far so good -Tnx- Graham