Central locking issue

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for some advice regarding my audi A3 57 8p

I was unable to unlock my car the other day with my fob. Both the driver door and the rear passenger door wouldn't unlock.

The strange thing is - once I unlocked it with the key it did lock again with the fob.

I also noticed my care doesn't automatically lock anymore when I drive over 5mph.

Did a diagnostic with the VCDS and it came up with the following codes - looks like a faulty door module!

Anyone knows what I need to do/buy to fix it?

Many thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_7607.jpg
    IMG_7607.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7608.jpg
    IMG_7608.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
Having done some reading I found that commonly the cables are broken in the hinge. I pulled the rubber bung away and the cables were actually intact!

does that mean my door locking module is needing replaced?

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had something which I think was similar about 3 years ago. Here are the faults codes which I think will be similar to yours. Sorry I didn't look at yours as I'm on a slow Internet connection and didn't fancy to download the massive images.

Code:
    01552 - Motor for Central Locking; Drivers Door (V56); Lock
                012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
    00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220)
                008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I replaced my drivers door lock module with a second hand unit for £10 and it has been fine ever since. The unit I replaced it with actually came from an A6 but was absolutely no issues with it (part number 4F2837016B). I seem to recall that there were some solder joints that dry out on the PCB. If you are okay with the downtime then you could take it out and use some leaded solder on any dry looking joints.

Last edited:
Ah ok thx, Was it straight forward to swap it out?

Yes it was fairly straight forward. I would think you'd have it easily done in 3 hours. It was a while ago so my memory is hazzy but door card off and then remove lock and refit. A lot easier than replacing the sticking door handle on my rear door as you do not need to mess with the window assembly.