Audi a5 2.0 TFSI multitronic missfires and Rough idle

duduone02

Reaction score
Hello, i am a new owner of an Audi a5, and I’m currently having an issue that no mechanic around me managed to fix it.
The car runs fine outside or cold but once I get into the city and the car keeps stopping and moving(lights, traffic) my instant fuel consumption goes down to 0.3-0.5 when idling in drive at the red light and then the disaster happens, instead of starting to move fluently it drives like it wants to stall(and even stalls many times sometimes), if I stop the car while having this issue it will start and sometimes die instantly back. When this issue occurs I get alot of misfires(pops and bangs) and if I want to accelerate hard it just won’t accelerate and fell into its nose (and it feels like she wants to go but she isn’t getting fuel properly) I’ve changed the camshaft sensor and pcv valve. Why can this issue occur and what can I do to fix it?

*special mentions:
The car has like a hammer knock in between 800-1200 rpm when trying to accelerate but only does like 3 clicks then it never happens again Untill I try to accelerate in that range. (Only when the car is warm)

** the hpfp has the ring inside it I don’t know what’s called in English replaced with a brand new one. The hpfp ran rough for some time because the old mechanic that worked on this car before I bought it only put one screw back and left it like this, which caused the other ear of the hpfp to break and spilled approx 2l of oil on the ground, managed to weld that old ear back and it worked, can this be a cause?

*** The car only recently showed an error, P034100 and started flickering for a second the EPC on the dash, I changed the sensor to that and now it doesn’t show again but the car has the exact same symptoms.

**** the chain from the distribution was replaced 17000 kilometers ago, when the old owner also replaced the oil in the transmission

Last edited: