Mudflaps for S3 8Y Vorsprung

Jim_W

Reaction score
I am collecting my S3 8Y Vorsprung Sportback in mythos black on Friday. I was told that they couldn't fit mudflaps front and rear.

I am coming from a black Golf R, which looks great when it is clean but is a dirt magnet. I suspect that they don't offer mudflaps due to the S3 body kit. I had the same issue with my Golf. I am having the S3 ceramic coated but mudflaps should reduce the amount of TLC needed.

I have searched this forum and did not find anything regarding mudflaps on an S3 8Y. Online searches have not been very productive unless I chance ordering from China.

Has any one had any success fitting mudflaps to an S3 8Y? I appreciate that I most likely will have to modify them.

I’ve just fitted mudflaps to my wife’s Sportback S-line 2023 which were quite straight forward to fit. I don’t know what difference there is between the S and the S-line on the 8Y but on my 8V they were the same. They look better on the 8Y in my opinion and don’t look odd. She has the Daytona Grey Edition One model with the 19” alloys. She’s away until Thursday and I could get some pics of them then.

Attachments

• IMG_4839.jpeg
    IMG_4839.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 119
I've fitted Automotive Passion carbon mudguards to the rear & front of my S3. They're functional as well as looking nice

Reactions: Kevmoz, Tzsteve and Jon_M
A few pics of mudflaps fitted to 2023 Edition One S-Line.

Attachments

• IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4885.jpeg
    IMG_4885.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4887.jpeg
    IMG_4887.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: Saral and Tzsteve
Mine is an s-line so I don’t know if it’s the same shape bumper as an RS but here’s my pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Jon_M and Kevmoz
Sorry for late reply Jon, currently on holiday. Yes, easy to fit the rears, but there's a couple of variations - I found what looks most effective as well as being functional is to have the top of the guard attached at its closest position to the car and the bottom at its furthest away, so wide at the bottom and narrower at the top

Reactions: Jon_M