I ****** up cleaning my interior!

samsmith

Reaction score
I bought an audi A3 1.4 tfsi a couple months ago now, my first audi and i’ve made a mess of cleaning the inside.

If anyone knows what to do with my cluster, how I can get these scratches out and the best way I can go about it and/ or whether the scratches i have stupidly put into my mmi are in the actual lcd or just in the anti glare? Please let me know, and yes I’m an idiot IMG 2758
IMG 2758
IMG 2753
IMG 2754
IMG 2755

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
Easy fix, use some fine compound on the plastic clocks facsia & tape up the mmi screen, use plastrx to remove the anti reflective coating & fit a matt screen protector to it afterwards, you'll need to disconnect the battery so screen stays up, but that'll fix that.

Reactions: Scotty75 and samsmith
Easy fix, use some fine compound on the plastic clocks facsia & tape up the mmi screen, use plastrx to remove the anti reflective coating & fit a matt screen protector to it afterwards, you'll need to disconnect the battery so screen stays up, but that'll fix that.
Cheers for the response mate. I’ll have a crack at this asap. Do you have a specific compound to use for my cluster? Would be my first time doing it so would like to proceed with caution. Is there a limit on thickness/ width of screen protector? Would think it would interfere with the mechanism that folds it back inside? Cheers

Given it's got a sunken display, it would appear to have plenty of give in a protector depth, buy 1 for a tablet, cut to fit, common sense prevails mate.

Rns-e has available ones to fit, maybe they're sized the same or bigger to suit, I've fitted an rns-e version, was great but different display of course.

Reactions: samsmith
I used orange pad with mild compound. Setting 2 and go slow. Flawless result. Looks better than factory. Of course you need a da polisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: samsmith
I used orange pad with mild compound. Setting 2 and go slow. Flawless result. Looks better than factory. Of course you need a da polisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What polisher do you have mate? Cheers

This one is quite easy to sort out. With the instrument cluster use either some Auto Finesse Tripple or Auto Glym Super Resin Polish.

Very small amount on a micro fibre and buff in the circular motion until you feel you have done enough. Wipe away and repeat if needed.

I would avoid a compound unless you are going to follow up with a finer polish.

In regards to the MMI screen, if it’s a plastic face then you should be fine to use a fine polish. Do not use a compound it will be too abrasive.

A machine isn’t needed at this stage this should all be done by hand.

its a cluster out mate and you need a DA polisher. Hand rub is not going to do it justice. Mild compound with orange pad at low speed is abrasive and rightfully so as those scratches are deep