RS3 8Y PADDLE SHIFT

rs3_snowflake

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently got an RS3 8Y and I have a question. I bought some compatible shift paddles but I'm afraid that when I unplug the airbag to fit them there will be error lights. If anyone has done this before can you tell me how did you fix it?

Thank you

Hello everyone, I recently got an RS3 8Y and I have a question. I bought some compatible shift paddles but I'm afraid that when I unplug the airbag to fit them there will be error lights. If anyone has done this before can you tell me how did you fix it?

Thank you

Which ones did you buy?
I am interested in these

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Which ones did you buy?
I am interested in these

Ibought those, quality is good overall and they are like the urus one

I swapped mine out but didn’t actually disconnect the airbag because I couldn’t get the clip undone and didn’t want to break it. I just popped it out of the way while I swapped the paddles over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped mine out but didn’t actually disconnect the airbag because I couldn’t get the clip undone and didn’t want to break it. I just popped it out of the way while I swapped the paddles over.

so you unplugged the paddle connector without unplugging anything else? just taking the pieces apart and leaving them attached?

so you unplugged the paddle connector without unplugging anything else? just taking the pieces apart and leaving them attached?

Pretty sure! I did disconnect the battery though, just in case.

655a259a27eb4053010bec653f7ce16f.jpg

Installed! The look great but to action them you can only use the center of the paddle because how the original one is fitted

Reactions: Daggerit

Installed! The look great but to action them you can only use the center of the paddle because how the original one is fitted

Interesting, mine work wherever you pull on them. I don’t think they’re quite as extended as that though so maybe that’s the difference.

Well done getting them all fitted up though.

Look great but that would do my head in. Would have to come straight off.

Reactions: Daggerit
Look great but that would do my head in. Would have to come straight off.

I’ve got the Urus ones and they seem to be a good size for me.

Reactions: garethdj