F&@C*&ing wildlife

swisstony

Reaction score
Living in the country we have the usual dumb **** pheasants, grouse etc which just run into the road all the time
This time round stupid partridge sitting in the road and as I approached decided to take off at that moment as I was alongside it..a **** move !!
Slammed into my wing mirror with a massive clatter. Hope the ******* bird learnt its lesson but end result, shattered my mirror and dislodged the casing. Luckily I popped it back in but glass is beyond help

IMG 2437

Now I ordered a replacement from ebay using the same part number on the back of the old one but it was wrong so back it goes. Does anyone know the correct part number for both left and right and must be heated. Thanks

That's autodimming glass which isn't cheap from audi, about £400 & more for newer iirc, I may have 1 but can't check until Monday.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
look inside the first page of the service book at the codes,
the most used option is, Right exterior mirror (code 6TS ) Right exterior mirror, aspherical, large viewing field

If you have the option code then you know which one was fitted and then just lookup the part number, simples:icon thumright:

Ah it's also got convex, mine are near £500 iirc, each.

under the back seat on the floor there will also be an option code label, can get it from the VIN number aswell.

I learned long ago that one should never assume that what's fitted to your Audi when you buy it was fitted at the factory, parts get replaced , changed and upgraded over time and with new owners.
option codes is the only 100% way to get the factory fitted kit.

PR or option codes adivse on whats fitted to a specific VIN number such as the S4 i had a few months back.

this is whats in the service book,
Pr33

but it can also be found in a few locations around the car, i have one under the bench seat .

Last edited:
Luckily I recall ages ago me taking a photo of the option codes and then translating them . So this is what I have
PRCode: 5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
PRCode: 6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical large viewing field
PRCode: 6XD = Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated

However if you remember I changed my mirrors from std to power folding ones so this is what is on the car now
I did take a photo of the back of the mirror so this might help
IMG 2435

Last edited:
As advised, with autodimming

exactly, what was factory is not what you have now as you replaced the mirror assemblies, just refit a 6ts lens , simple.

Reactions: swisstony
found one online so have ordered it, €80 so not as bad as what I thought but still a kicker for a wing mirror !

found one online so have ordered it, €80 so not as bad as what I thought but still a kicker for a wing mirror !
Just a thought, did you know they were auto-dimming prior to this, or notice they were in use?

Fair enough, just a thought as if you hadn't noticed any change over the previous mirrors then maybe it would have been just as easy and cheaper to fit a non autodip glass.
I think it is nice to know you have the full cream mirror option but not so nice when they get damaged, luckily all the mirror glass fit so one can choose whatever version they need.:icon thumright:

Its expensive living in the countryside.lol