What Rear Light clusters?

Trickey Dickey

fast idle
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls :)
does antone know of any good quality rear light clusters for my 56 plate A3? my car is a red s line 3 door and i fancy changing the rear clusters for something different from standard but not tacky and tasteless:think: any ideas?
also i fancy an optics black grill for the front (obviously the front duh!) is it much hassle to fit? i know you have to remove the bumper but how tricky is that to do?? anything to watch out for??

Cheers guys and gals :friends:

I'm also curious to see if theres anything that can be done to the rear lights. I've seen the black ones but not too fond of those.
I'm pondering over the idea of setting up LEDs for the lights but not sure in what kind of shape because the standard rear light on isn't a straightforward shape to copy plus it suits it so well.

Hard to explain but hope you get the idea :)

The black ones are the only ones I've seen. I looked through a catalogue in a german tuning shop recently and didn't see any others either. I'm sure lexus style ones are on the way though.

The standard ones do look good though emzino you're right. I'd only change them if someone brought out some really cool circular LED lights like on the new passat.

forgot to also ask, can i but s3 side skirts on there own? will thet fit my car???? Ta:thumbsup:

Trickey Dickey said:
i dont think ive seen the black ones?? anyone got any pics or links?
Cheers

Have a quick search and you sould find them, there are pics of them off the car and also lit up on the car.

If you search on my username and normski you should find the post there. I'm really contemplating them as I'm sure they would look better in the flesh!

I've seen them on a Mauritius blue car and they do look very good. Would look even better on a white car! On black they'd look too chavvy bacuse of this trend for people with black cars to spray their tail lights black too.

JamS3 said:
Hmmmmm

Electric bar fire comes to mind on that pic!

Perhaps, but definately better than the other 2 on body-kit.co.uk!

And there are 3 reasons why my tail lights are standard

nope still not seen any i like from them sites!!! at least one good thing though, eventually got the pic of my car to work!!!! Bonus!!

have you guys just considered changing the orange indicator bulbs??

i changed mine to silver and it made a great difference - try that first to see what you like

in my opinion, there are no nice aftermarket rear lights

i think you could be right Boydie there dont seem to be any nice rear light about, i might look at changing my orange lamps to silver!! dont suppose ypu know if s3 side skirts are available do you?

Lol at least once a week you post about ****** indicator bulbs boydie

its the best mod mate lol such a subtle but very effective change!

as for the s3 skirts - good luck hunting! :p

I think it's only effective to you because I'm guessing every single A3 you see that's the first thing your eyes are drawn to! Well at least one eye. To me I don't notice it. I'll change mine on the next car maybe.

i know of some good ones - try the originals - you wont get better! Did you not get any with your car then?? ;-)

staz - i have done it with all my cars , gets rid of the "egg yolk" effect

Boydie said:
staz - i have done it with all my cars , gets rid of the "egg yolk" effect

Yes I know. But it doesn't bother me.

i have been looking into S3 side skirts, i asked at VAGPARTS for them, but they were not sure if they will fot a normal a3 as the old s3 had wider sills then the standard a3!

Told me to look into it before i order them off them!

N8KOW said:
FK do nice LEDs for the 3 door A3. No LEDs for Sportback yet :banghead:

Link too please!

Just fancy some LED rear lights as they look so much better than standard bulbs!

I think they look worse on that pic! White is better for sure.

btw I love the enlarge button that just shows you more of the car but in the same size!

Yeah they're better.

No I'm not keen on them at all now. I think the use of LEDs is good, the use of the strip lights is good, but together they don't work.

They dont look very chrome to me, the same light style as the black ones above too, dont know whether to just go for them or the black ones and see how they look on mine as would like to change them from standard.

I'd admit the Lexus look if they were styled like the Lexus lights were but they are saved from this!

I'd want it to be standard red cover but just LED'ed on the inside.