Returning member, Back in an Allroad

ajax1976

Reaction score
Been away for a bit, not very enjoyable 2 years in an XC60 but back in the fold now.

Unnamed 19

Picked up a 2020 Allroad from Perth Audi this week and got some plans for it;)

IMG E6221

So far the plan is to dechrome the window trims, powder coat the roof bars satin black and a new RS flat bottom steering wheel is on its way from Germany. It's currently on 19's with full winter tyres which I'll keep for winter use but still trying to decide if I want 20's or 21's on it, I use it for work and it will go offroad and into farms etc from time to time so guessing 20's would be the safe bet. Installed my dash cams today which only took a couple of hours then played about with VCDS today to tweek some things.

Pretty much following the same path as my last Alroad,
IMG 7856

IMG 8239

Reactions: Jcbmally, DaveW and the_ace1982
Lovely big bus that, fancy one of them after my A4 Allroad has had its time do you have any interior pics?

Lovely big bus that, fancy one of them after my A4 Allroad has had its time do you have any interior pics?

Pretty much standard A6 inside although it has the extended leather package, think the only difference is leather along the transmission tunnel

IMG 6051

Gave it a good clean at the weekend, it's shocking how bad dealers are at prepping cars for sale.

IMG 6307

IMG 6309

Picked up new wheels, trial fitted and dropped off for a refurb in their OEM finish.

IMG 6329

IMG E6327

Cars booked in tomorrow to dechrome the window trims so hopefully that goes well.

Reactions: Jcbmally and DaveW
Couple more things ticked off the list this week,

Window trims wrapped gloss black,

IMG 6380

RS steering wheel arrived, slightly chunkier but feels so much nicer than the old one.

IMG 6356

IMG 6370

IMG 6382

Wheels are supposed to be ready for collection tomorrow, looking to forward to see how they turned out.
Ordered a set of black edition flush roof rails from a normal A6 avant, they arrived yesterday so I'll maybe have a go at fitting them tomorrow if I get a spare few hours.

Reactions: Jcbmally and DaveW
Coming along nicely, those window trims make a massive difference.

Roof rails and wheels on. Rails were a proper pain and a bit harder than the C7, probably would have been quicker to completely remove the head lining.
Over the moon with the wheels, fitments pretty decent and I can't believe how comfortable it is on 21's even when in dynamic mode. My C7 had 20's and the Volvo had 21's both with air ride but the C8 is in a different league of refinement.
Evri have lost my grill so got impatient and got the Plasti Dip out. My first time using the glossifier and it does add some level of gloss but it's no where near as shiney so it'll only be a temporary fix. Parcel Force have the black trims for the rear so hopefully they'll turn up over the next day or so.

IMG 6421

IMG 6413

IMG 6419

IMG 6416

• Love
Reactions: mickwillow, Jcbmally and DaveW
Yup I like that. I’ve been considering going from a SUV 4x4 to an estate 4x4.
I need the 4x4 but the estates all ways look better value.

I'm not normally a fan of modifying premium vehicles, but your choices look in keeping, and in my opinion, how the Allroad was meant to look. Rare, unique, clever.

Yup I like that. I’ve been considering going from a SUV 4x4 to an estate 4x4.
I need the 4x4 but the estates all ways look better value.
Same, 4x4 and the ability to raise the suspension is essential for me, my job takes me to all manner of places. The Volvo was a decent car, not brilliant but my main issue was I just didn't enjoy driving it and SUV's just aren't my style.
I'm not normally a fan of modifying premium vehicles, but your choices look in keeping, and in my opinion, how the Allroad was meant to look. Rare, unique, clever.
Thanks and do agree. It's a fine line but the Allroad ticks all my boxes as an everyday, multi use car but personally I just don't like chrome so knew it wouldn't take much to make the Allroad the way I wanted it.

Last bits and bobs all turned up this week so cracked on and got them fitted.
Removing the old glue for the badges and trims seemed to take forever but worthwhile doing it properly.

IMG 6466

The grill was much the same as the C7 to swap, ridiclous amount of screws and clips to fight with. I also noticed when I had it all back together that I'd forgotten to swap over a small bit of trim that fits behind the rings. It's not immediately noticeable but now I know it's missing I'll need to get it done, hopefully without removing the bumper again. I do prefer the Allroad grill but the combination of grey and black didn't look quite right, might have a go at painting it all black properly but a bit concerned how it'll hold up over time. Also need to work out a plan for mounting the small quattro badge, there doesn't seem be anywhere to clip one on to and on the Allroad the mounting point is moulded into the grill.

IMG 6485

Reactions: Jcbmally and Charlie Farley
Looks great, still not a patch on the Red B7 though but times change. :icon thumright:

Are you thinking of colour-coding the arches, or would that lose the "Allroadness" of the vehicle?

Are you thinking of colour-coding the arches, or would that lose the "Allroadness" of the vehicle?
My last one had factory colour coded arches but I actually quite like the arches on this one, subtle difference and keeps it Allroad instead of A6.

Not done much this week, my ebay centre caps weren't quite the right shade so painted and de chromed them.

IMG 6493

IMG 6494

It's performing well on work duties, averaging 40mpg which is way better than the Volvo, still in new car mood so it's getting washed regularly.

IMG 6519

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Jcbmally and DaveW
Looks good! Out of interest, what size are the 21’s and do you have any issues with rubbing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do look really good. Are they SQ5 wheels?

I am a big fan of Allroads, having had two C7 models. Ideally I'd have bought a BiTDi version of the C8 Allroad but of course that was never built and then Audi stopped making them in any form. None of the lower mileage C8 Allroads at dealers seemed to have much in the way of spec on them and most were the 45TDI anyway, so I ended up swapping to an S6 but I do prefer the looks of the Allroad.

Yeah SQ5's, 8.5's with the standard Allroad tyre size of 245/40's. They only poke 3mm more than the previous wheels so no rubbing at all and it drives great, far more refined than the XC60 on air and 255/40's.

Bought some Thules so I can get the bike on it instead of having to use the van, very impressed with the lack of wind noise on the new style bars.

IMG 6553