ECU unlock…

garethdj

Reaction score
2560504ad3ec075fe084c37469160bec.jpg

Not sure if they’re on here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Add_Profile
From one of the German company's that have cracked it I'm guessing by the name and yhe 102 Ron

Reactions: garethdj
2560504ad3ec075fe084c37469160bec.jpg

Not sure if they’re on here…

Ooooh, and that looks like a reasonable torque curve too, nothing too 'peaky'. I'm sure with a little more time it'll get optamised even more as well. Excited for this!

• Haha
Reactions: drgav2005, 8YARWY and garethdj

Reactions: drgav2005, VAGRANT, kayemill and 1 other person
Stage 2…

Reactions: Add_Profile
RSR Motorsport said they will only flash at their workshop, anyone hear if MTR was same?

I'm just hoping this means that the floodgates have been opened and we'll see lots of tuners like APR, Revo, MRC, etc. all coming out with their own versions so we have some choice of suppliers and geographical locations if we need to take cars there. :)

Reactions: furious_iPod, garethdj, hef and 1 other person
I've spoken to MRC they will tune the ecu....however they need to send it to somewhere in Europe first to unlock it at the cost of 4000 euros. They hope to be able to unlock it themselves in a couple of months

Reactions: Mike.46 and garethdj
I've spoken to MRC they will tune the ecu....however they need to send it to somewhere in Europe first to unlock it at the cost of 4000 euros. They hope to be able to unlock it themselves in a couple of months

Good progress but F that

I'm just hoping this means that the floodgates have been opened and we'll see lots of tuners like APR, Revo, MRC, etc. all coming out with their own versions so we have some choice of suppliers and geographical locations if we need to take cars there. :)

Revo still not close to unlocking

• Haha
Reactions: Dan_DJT
You would think that the 'somewhere in Europe' Company would just sell the unlock technology onwards whilst there is still a market?

Last I counted there were at least 3 European companies that hold a key to unlocked the Ecu, all happy to charge their high fees.

Hopefully when one of the larger tuning companies such as IE, Unitronic, APR get a hold of the key the cost of a tune will fall in line with their current pricing

Sounds like hype. At the bottom of the page it reads:
How to Flash Your ECU?
  • Use the Alientech Powergate 3+ handheld device. This device is a touchscreen module that lets you store your original and tuned files to easily flash between them.
  • Bring your vehicle to our facility where we can use our Master Tool to flash your vehicle.
  • We can bench flash the ECU. To bench flash the ECU, you must remove it from your vehicle and send it to us. Once we receive the ECU, we will prepare the tune file and then send it back to you for reinstallation.
For reference, this ECU is a Bosch MED17.7.5.

Note: Most vehicle's produced after June 2020 have updated ECU protection preventing us from being able to complete tuning.

I've read as recently as yesterday that there is a company in Finland now capable of unlocking the ECU, no need to send them to russia as MRC stated apparently...

I've read as recently as yesterday that there is a company in Finland now capable of unlocking the ECU, no need to send them to russia as MRC stated apparently...
Do you have the link to all this? Was only aware the BMW ecu’s being sent there for unlocking, not the 2021- 8Y.

Do you have the link to all this? Was only aware the BMW ecu’s being sent there for unlocking, not the 2021- 8Y.
It was on a facebook post, I have been looking for it but didn't find it :(

Spoke to MRC today, they can get it unlocked. Will cost about 4k for the unlock and tune but they need the car for a few weeks, assuming it gets sent off as above.

Spoke to MRC today, they can get it unlocked. Will cost about 4k for the unlock and tune but they need the car for a few weeks, assuming it gets sent off as above.

Curious...have they actually done one yet? You would think we'd know about it.

Also, does the car then become tunable at a local level after they install a generic OTS stg1 tune? What if I decide I want decat/OPF delete, larger turbo, E85 etc after?

Curious...have they actually done one yet? You would think we'd know about it.

Also, does the car then become tunable at a local level after they install a generic OTS stg1 tune? What if I decide I want decat/OPF delete, larger turbo, E85 etc after?

Their message read as though they haven’t done one and are looking for the first one.

Reactions: Daggerit
Their message read as though they haven’t done one and are looking for the first one.

If they pay for the initial unlock they can easily use mine.

If they pay for the initial unlock they can easily use mine.

Lol. Tried that, said they could give a discount but not sure how much that would be as not sure how long they’d need to work on the car.

Surprised the fastest RS3 in the world isn’t there to be the first unlocked MRC tuned RS3 in the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: boardlord and Wrighty993
Lol. Tried that, said they could give a discount but not sure how much that would be as not sure how long they’d need to work on the car.

Surprised the fastest RS3 in the world isn’t there to be the first unlocked MRC tuned RS3 in the UK.

The "worlds fastest" lost his crown a while ago so then he resorted to cheating by somehow uploading an altered 1/4-mile run of 10.41s. It has since been deleted by Dragy, maybe his account will be also

Yes, he did go into Infinit Performance in Glasgow and they did an ECU swap that didn't work out, not sure what the issue was though.

The "worlds fastest" lost his crown a while ago so then he resorted to cheating by somehow uploading an altered 1/4-mile run of 10.41s. It has since been deleted by Dragy, maybe his account will be also

Yes, he did go into Infinit Performance in Glasgow and they did an ECU swap that didn't work out, not sure what the issue was though.

I did message infinit as well to see if they were close. Apparently VR tuned can do it, told me to email.

I did message infinit as well to see if they were close. Apparently VR tuned can do it, told me to email.

Too busy filming himself launching his RS3 on Instagram.

These Instagram weirdo’s.

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit

Has anyone tried out this stuff?
If you're going to go piggyback, I think best value for money is the JB4. It also has the most options/customisation available and George provides really fantastic customer support as well.

If you're going to go piggyback, I think best value for money is the JB4. It also has the most options/customisation available and George provides really fantastic customer support as well.

Disagree if you look longer term, as you can swap the PCM out for a stage 1 map once it’s available.

Disagree if you look longer term, as you can swap the PCM out for a stage 1 map once it’s available.

JB4 already gives you what the PCM stage 1 is promising to one day give you, until then the Raceline PCM is still a non-customiseable inferior piggyback.

JB4 has features, maps and custom settings to vary fuel, boost, wgdc, timing, launch boost to get the absolute best possible performance without an ecu tune.

If *one day* ECU tunes are available I would 100% not be going with Raceline anyway and I can still recoup cost of JB4 by selling it.

Reactions: 8YARWY
JB4 already gives you what the PCM stage 1 is promising to one day give you, until then the Raceline PCM is still a non-customiseable inferior piggyback.

JB4 has features, maps and custom settings to vary fuel, boost, wgdc, timing, launch boost to get the absolute best possible performance without an ecu tune.

If *one day* ECU tunes are available I would 100% not be going with Raceline anyway and I can still recoup cost of JB4 by selling it.

Agreed.

Will be selling my JB4 when I get around to listing it.

Well that’s not quite true though is it, otherwise why would anyone bother with any map? Get your point in that the JB4 is probably the closest thing to a map with the level of customisation available etc.

Tunes are already available, you just have to pay £… or travel to Germany

Yes you might get some money back but you’re not exactly going to get it all back.

Your point was around value, that’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: eleven_
Well that’s not quite true though is it, otherwise why would anyone bother with any map? Get your point in that the JB4 is probably the closest thing to a map with the level of customisation available etc.

Tunes are already available, you just have to pay £… or travel to Germany

Yes you might get some money back but you’re not exactly going to get it all back.

Your point was around value, that’s all I’m saying.

Smoke and mirrors when it comes to 8Y ECU tuning. We’ve seen such limited information from companies claiming to have cracked the ECU that I just don’t believe it until someone can show a stage 2+ tune with proper cat/opf delete where they switch them off though ECU and not bs simulator plugs. Dragy runs will do as well.

Getting back back to value for money, we just value different things. I value the all out customisation of the JB4 more than a plug in box. 10.74s 1/4-mile and 6.64 100-200 and I’m very confident of a 10.6x time with good gear changes, which is currently the limiting factor for JB4. If TCU could be flashed I can guarantee you the JB4 will get me into 10.4s. That’s value for me right there ✌

Smoke and mirrors when it comes to 8Y ECU tuning. We’ve seen such limited information from companies claiming to have cracked the ECU that I just don’t believe it until someone can show a stage 2+ tune with proper cat/opf delete where they switch them off though ECU and not bs simulator plugs. Dragy runs will do as well.

Getting back back to value for money, we just value different things. I value the all out customisation of the JB4 more than a plug in box. 10.74s 1/4-mile and 6.64 100-200 and I’m very confident of a 10.6x time with good gear changes, which is currently the limiting factor for JB4. If TCU could be flashed I can guarantee you the JB4 will get me into 10.4s. That’s value for me right there

These guys are running 673 PS and 750+ Nm for their offering. I doubt that’s smoke and mirrors in terms of tuning.

These guys are running 673 PS and 750+ Nm for their offering. I doubt that’s smoke and mirrors in terms of tuning.

I did a translate but again not much information. It quotes "adapted motor electronics". EU22,800.00 includes engine build and large turbo.

No where do they give information as to what they do with your ECU (ie. is it an ECU swap, ECU reflash, piggy-back). A piggy-back can control a larger turbo, IROZ has already done it on an 8Y with JB4. I'm not saying that this HGP mob maybe they haven't done something directly with the ECU, just that there is no clear information.

The TCU is clearer in the. description, they tell you they increase clutch pressure, so if they can clearly do that, winning there.

May just write them to get more info...curious to see what they say., especially in regards to writing back to ECU after they do their thing. I know many are still trying to go the ECU swap route, may be an easier workaround with programming and protections of 8Y.

I did a translate but again not much information. It quotes "adapted motor electronics". EU22,800.00 includes engine build and large turbo.

No where do they give information as to what they do with your ECU (ie. is it an ECU swap, ECU reflash, piggy-back). A piggy-back can control a larger turbo, IROZ has already done it on an 8Y with JB4. I'm not saying that this HGP mob maybe they haven't done something directly with the ECU, just that there is no clear information.

The TCU is clearer in the. description, they tell you they increase clutch pressure, so if they can clearly do that, winning there.

May just write them to get more info...curious to see what they say., especially in regards to writing back to ECU after they do their thing. I know many are still trying to go the ECU swap route, may be an easier workaround with programming and protections of 8Y.
The main issue with them is that the prices are eye-watering... I imagine it would be a good job but the cost scares me. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Yeah HGP is the only company I would trust to have done it, they either have an ECU tune or some very good piggyback - but from the video that was posted, the Magna rear diff has issue copping with the added power and 0-100 aren't representative of the power, HGP is working on a solution to control the Magna rear diff.

They have three levels of enhancement .
MTM has the same three levels of enhancement ... they basically market HGP stages.
I wrote them at the time and they were able to disable OPF control and catalyst on demand.
It's not about piggy back ... you have to send him ECU . What they do with it I don't know. I was intending to make them upgrade level to 505hp only map . What has held me back is the shipping of the ECU .
Personally I think I will stop at Jb4 , Wagner EVO 1 intercooler and BTM turbo exhaust . 450-460 hp with a good exhaust sound and no fear of going to Audi workshop . Is it worth complicating life for 50 more hp ? Obviously everyone has their own answer.

Reactions: Basher (Peter) and Tommm