50k miles approaching

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

50k miles approaching on my RS3. I try and do everything I can possibly do to keep servicing absolutely spot on.

I am wondering when the timing chain might be due on the RS3. I can't see anything about it in the service schedule.

Cheers!

Hi all,

50k miles approaching on my RS3. I try and do everything I can possibly do to keep servicing absolutely spot on.

I am wondering when the timing chain might be due on the RS3. I can't see anything about it in the service schedule.

Cheers!

Lol it’s a lifetime item, no change needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
Yeah, I mean Audi say that, but ... in reality? What're they defining as "lifetime"? 100k miles?
If you keep good oil in it and change it regularly, not this longlife crap, chains have gone on for miles. I have a chain driven TDI knocking on 200K and the chain is fine. Guide wear and chain stretch through wear are first things to go but normally when oil is neglected.

If you keep good oil in it and change it regularly, not this longlife crap, chains have gone on for miles. I have a chain driven TDI knocking on 200K and the chain is fine. Guide wear and chain stretch through wear are first things to go but normally when oil is neglected.
Yeah i'm including the tensioners and ancillaries failing in the definition of "timing chain" in servicing.