5 days - 500 miles

seakay

Reaction score
At this rate it'll be worthless in 3 years!

Having picked the car up Tuesday I'm an addict, it just seems to get better as we 'bond'. Last time I remember feeling this excited about a car was when I bought a new M3 back in 2002 and great a car as that was, this already feels like it's more purposeful, more engaging.

I'm curious to know how you tend to use the gearbox, my M3 (and subsequent cars) have all had SMG boxes which I've thoroughly enjoyed but this is the first dual clutch I've driven/owned. Much as I expected to drive the car manually via the paddles I'm realising already that the Sport setting in dynamic is very, very good and pretty much predicts and shifts as I would intuitively. Of course it's great to be able to temporarily override it for downshifts but for fast driving I'm finding that by playing with the throttle I can virtually make it do what I would manually do with the paddles.

So for those of you that have owned their cars for a little while, do you use the manual setting much or do you spend more time in Sport auto?

80% auto, 20% paddles for me. Auto changes are very good. Amazing gearbox though, manual changes seem instant.

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
80% auto, 20% paddles for me. Auto changes are very good. Amazing gearbox though, manual changes seem instant.

TX.

Same here .... auto in sport or dynamic is very good for spirited driving & overtakes.

Manual for days you feel like it or maximising engine rpm & SOUND VOLUME on up shifts & down shifts :) :sunglasses:

I'm prob the opposite, although I have been caught out by the limiter in manual a couple of times.....Might give auto a go for a while although in dynamic in sport the revs sit high too long for me
Same here .... auto in sport or dynamic is very good for spirited driving & overtakes.

Manual for days you feel like it or maximising engine rpm & SOUND VOLUME on up shifts & down shifts :) :sunglasses:

^^ just shift out of sport for a while ;) only need to pull the stick back once after all, not that hard :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Radman
Yeah it can stick in high revs in dynamic.

None dynamic & dsg in sport is a good balance in that respect.

Reactions: Sandra
Not loving sport mode at the moment. taking her in on Wednesday for a check over as very jerky. tending to use D and Paddles until sorted. Hopefully squeaky brakes will get sorted too!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Not loving sport mode at the moment. taking her in on Wednesday for a check over as very jerky. tending to use D and Paddles until sorted. Hopefully squeaky brakes will get sorted too!

No chance the brakes being sorted mate !

I've had mine stripped down & re-fitted.
New pads & discs fitted.
3 hour prescribed bedding in procedure by Audi techs.
Still squeals !
Mines back in again in 2 weeks.
Whilst it keeps doing it, I am gonna keep returning it to them periodically
a) to see if they can fix
b) to inspect condition
Heard of some developing brake judder & warped discs, so for that reason & warranty want it inspected.
Convinced it's the pad material !
Builds up, shiny surface, then squeal.
Thorough pressure wash or a few heavy braking a sort it for a few days, but shouldn't need that ... none of my previous cars did.
It's an annoyance but the car overall is still a joy to own & drive :)