IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM ******* **** AUDI (letter Today)

Mike.46

Reaction score
We have subsequently established that one product enhancement should now be carried out........
Please could you contact us or an Audi approved sevice department at your earlist convenience to havethis work carried out.

Exciting surely a product enhancement will be something like a flat bottomed wheel? new rear spoiler?software update to fix my forgetfull memory seat?

Gueses welcome (I know what it is awaiting my earliest convenience)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
We have subsequently established that one product enhancement should now be carried out........
Please could you contact us or an Audi approved sevice department at your earlist convenience to havethis work carried out.

Exciting surely a product enhancement will be something like a flat bottomed wheel? new rear spoiler?software update to fix my forgetfull memory seat?

flat bottomed wheel :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol I think your idea of product enhancement & audi's idea are far apart, they won't fit a wheel that's for sure, it's probably just a firmware update.

Replacing a seat belt Mike.

TPI 6812

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just to say I took my car in to investigate a brake issue last month and whilst booking it in they said "Oh we just need to change your seatbelts after Audi issued guidance". They ended up having an issue re-coding the seatbelts or something and the car got stuck at the dealership for nearly a week! They had to contact Audi in Germany for support. I think I was one of the first RS3s they did as the guidance only came out a few days before my booking, so I might have just got unlucky...All sorted now, but was a bit annoying at the time.

6d590b7e77c645f8d72fa32703d2a478.jpg

Reactions: Mike.46
Full TPI

d7f0db3ac1bc7de5f20b1fa0fee7662b.png

479a52130801320dfd91b30870443b15.png

60b8a0555aa1332c185c8ef9a7832b2b.png

6d4b71fc7bee504bec42985da12d7421.png

a37f75b420354a104aee022d7da9846c.png

e782d5747c049474c379fa315aff03e9.png

ba2aa0c68713e522b1262aa2e9617ac9.png

Reactions: RS03??? and Kevmoz
Nope, you wouldnt believe it, I certainly didnt, they checked all the 'product enhancements'

Apparently there is something wrong in the handbook and they want to stick the correct modified page in, :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

As 8YARWY said 44S2 :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
Nope, you wouldnt believe it, I certainly didnt, they checked all the 'product enhancements'

Apparently there is something wrong in the handbook and they want to stick the correct modified page in, :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

As 8YARWY said 44S2 :)

I had that when it had the Rack done. It’s 1 page photocopied about wheel torque.

And what’s the difference?

Handbook says 140 nm for all A3.

Piece of paper corrects it back to 120 nm for the RS3.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
I had that when it had the Rack done. It’s 1 page photocopied about wheel torque.

But a letter asking me to book the car in at my earliest convienence?

Handbook says 140 nm for all A3.

Piece of paper corrects it back to 120 nm for the RS3.

Good to know, thanks for that. I’ve been using 125 Nm on my wrench rather than 140 Nm so should be good I’d imagine.

But a letter asking me to book the car in at my earliest convienence?

Well Mike you did ask

I’ve posted up the current TPI’s relating to our cars.

I imagine the seatbelt one is the more urgent of the two, being rational etc.

Good to know, thanks for that. I’ve been using 125 Nm on my wrench rather than 140 Nm so should be good I’d imagine.

120 nm mate it’s been this for years.

Reactions: Daggerit
Just had a phone call regarding the seat belt recall.
They want the car in ASAP apparently.

Reactions: kayemill and Mike.46
Just had a phone call regarding the seat belt recall.
They want the car in ASAP apparently.

I haven’t seen enough TPS’ to know where to look, but does it say if it is all produced cars or a certain batch or whatever?

I haven’t seen enough TPS’ to know where to look, but does it say if it is all produced cars or a certain batch or whatever?

The date range on page 5 (****** iPhone) above.

Last edited:
The date range on page 6 above.

I just spent way longer than I should have looking through page 6 before I went back one and found the date range in page 5…

Thanks for that, it looks like mine won’t be affected since it was built mid-2022.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Interesting...
Theres a place we park when we take dog out and the car is on a slight angle (passenger side lower) when we return my seat belt will not pull out now matter how carefull I try.

Audi rang again today, insisting it has to be done urgently.

It’s having the seatbelts changed this Friday.

I’m really hoping there’s no pain involved in this job like trim rattles after the fact

• Wow
Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
Mine was QA'd on the 21/01/2022. Call to Crewe see what the next steps are.

It’s not, and the recall was up to the 26th, so a date before that should be included? Am I having a senile moment?

The date range is up to 26th Jan 2022 so anything built before that from 7 Nov 2018 onwards.

The date range is up to 26th Jan 2022 so anything built before that from 7 Nov 2018 onwards.

And his was QA’d on the 21st Jan 2022, which would put it in that range? I really feel like something is going to click and I’ll realise why I’m wrong here but I can’t see it yet.

And his was QA’d on the 21st Jan 2022, which would put it in that range? I really feel like something is going to click and I’ll realise why I’m wrong here but I can’t see it yet.

Ok this car was registered 27th jan 2022

Go on the MOT checker put in the details then click on the outstanding recalls section and it requires the seatbelt one dated 7th December 22.
9c0ed508e3b21273bec1f3cd639c27ea.png

00ad2bf6c5fcc4b7d27d073d55f43a6b.png

Ok this car was registered 27th jan 2022

Go on the MOT checker put in the details then click on the outstanding recalls section and it requires the seatbelt one dated 7th December 22.
9c0ed508e3b21273bec1f3cd639c27ea.png

00ad2bf6c5fcc4b7d27d073d55f43a6b.png

Totally get that, makes sense as it was built within the date range even if it’s registered past the end date.

Are we actually saying the same thing here? I was assuming his would need the work done (as was he, which is why he called his dealer) given it fell within the date range, but for some reason it doesn’t. Is that what you were saying as well and we’re actually arguing the same point? Haha.

I’m not arguing anything.

All anyone has to do is use the recall checker.

If his was built before that date it requires the recall work.

I didn't mean arguing in a bad way, just more as a discussion. :)

But his dealer has told him it doesn't despite it falling in the date range, and that was my point originally. Maybe some near the date limit snuck through with the new belts.

Rang and spoke to Crewe, gave the Registration number, 5 minutes later, no recall was the statement.
Also, checked here https://www.themotorombudsman.org/vehicle-recalls. No recalls.
The below slip was left in the handbook.

Screenshot 2022 12 07 at 122329

Reactions: Mike.46, 8YARWY and Daggerit
Ive not heard anything regarding seat belts either, just the V IMPORTANT letter regading a new page for the handbook (wheel torque setting)

Ive not heard anything regarding seat belts either, just the V IMPORTANT letter regading a new page for the handbook (wheel torque setting)

174 vehicles

6523545d4a433a8c2f2815025033c0f0.png

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
@8YARWY , cheers. This website link helped to put my mind at ease.
Affected serial number range in VIN between 900164 to 901223. 174 within. Phew, mine is 903xxx
Mine is 903xxx as well :)

Reactions: RS03???