Stage 2 upgrades

Down in Guildford in surrey.
Spent some time down that way myself when I was in the army, used to go to Gibraltar barracks alot.

Are MRC still mapping the older cars as they're down that way aren't they.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Where abouts are you based buddy? I was thinking of going to unicorn motorsports as they're not a million miles from me (I'm in Leeds).

Unicorn are decent. Rick sorted me out a brilliant map, ten times better than the Revo stage 2+ I had at the time.

Do you have the carbon ecs intake? I've been looking at them for a while, I like how the lid comes all the way down to the air intake scoop on the grill.

This bad boy :)
IMG 0622

IMG 0710

This is my ongoing project and has been for some time write up which may be of some help in some areas.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Unicorn are decent. Rick sorted me out a brilliant map, ten times better than the Revo stage 2+ I had at the time.
Ye ive only heard good things about him to be honest. Are you still on a stage 2+ map but changed to unicorn?

Ye ive only heard good things about him to be honest. Are you still on a stage 2+ map but changed to unicorn?

Yep, still on 2+ Have literally everything I need to go stage 3 except the injectors.
It’s become a bit of a money pit this old wagon as I can’t leave it alone now

Ye they're nice them. Looks better than the carbonio as it gets rid of the plastic air intake. What's the quality like? Well made?

It looks and sounds good. It’s still a massive waste of money. The smart option is the K&N panel filter in the stock box

Reactions: eel and Charlie Farley
It looks and sounds good. It’s still a massive waste of money. The smart option is the K&N panel filter in the stock box
It does look good I agree but no more effective than the OE airbox and high-flow panel filter.

Reactions: eel
It does look good and agree the money is the killer but luckily the previous owner did all this ..

Reactions: Charlie Farley and eel
My problem is I like a good looking engine bay, even if it is covered by a bonnet 90% of the time I also have a thing for carbon fibre so it's a double whammy. Agree that a panel filter is just as effective though and last time I checked the ecs intake was £690.

Reactions: swisstony and Charlie Farley
I’ve been browsing a few suppliers tonight, checking out the Black Friday nonsense.
Just need to keep my credit card hidden away
I've been sneaking some money away for the sales mate, hidden from the wife of course

It does look good and agree the money is the killer but luckily the previous owner did all this ..
Thats always a bonus that a previous owner has wasted money, oops ..lol ,I mean invested in aftermarket goodies.

I've been sneaking some money away for the sales mate, hidden from the wife of course

And you have found a way of hiding cash from the wife, can you tell me the secret as I've not found a 100% method yet.

My problem is I like a good looking engine bay, even if it is covered by a bonnet 90% of the time I also have a thing for carbon fibre so it's a double whammy. Agree that a panel filter is just as effective though and last time I checked the ecs intake was £690.

It’s on sale with Awesome for £615.84… still crazy money. Think it’s gone up nearly £200!

And you have found a way of hiding cash from the wife, can you tell me the secret as I've not found a 100% method yet.
I can’t hide cash from the Mrs, car parts though… she’s not noticed four massive boxes in the garage with OZ written on the side, or the big brown box with Scorpion Red on it :yahoo:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Luke Smith A4 2.0T
I've just been looking on awesomegti's website and the airtec front mount is a very reasonable price at the minute.

I can’t hide cash from the Mrs, car parts though… she’s not noticed four massive boxes in the garage with OZ written on the side, or the big brown box with Scorpion Red on it :yahoo:
What OZ's have you gone for mate?

That's so true, they don't question the parts in the garage, it just the funding they dont miss.

That’s a decent bit of kit, worth the funds if you’re going stage 3 eventually
The only thing that puts me off is the fact the modified crash bar doesn't have holes pre drilled for the bumper supports. You'd expect it to have them for the price it runs at.

The only thing that puts me off is the fact the modified crash bar doesn't have holes pre drilled for the bumper supports. You'd expect it to have them for the price it runs at.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it from those that have installed and run them.
Still annoying not to have the pre drilled holes.
I went with the AWE option which is complete overkill but works well and looks decent.

Reactions: Luke Smith A4 2.0T and Charlie Farley
I’ve heard nothing but good things about it from those that have installed and run them.
Still annoying not to have the pre drilled holes.
I went with the AWE option which is complete overkill but works well and looks decent.
Any issues with cooling Rob given its quite a tall IC.