I seem to have now acquired this old bus.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
It would appear I've now acquired this problematic S4 old bus.
Not sure what to do with it , probably just do what I can for now and review things later on, wasn't on my bucket list as such but every day is a new challenge.

IMG 5831

Reactions: Sveneng, tr7, NM07 and 2 others
Passed onto you ? Looks fairly decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I had a feeling that it would end up in your garage Rob, another V8 to work on over the winter :s4addict:

Putting aside all its negative issues, and there are a lot, it does have some nice options fitted.
power rear window blind, rear door blinds , CH /LH function ,auto lights etc, rain sensing wipers, folding rear seats and some others.

Reactions: Sandra and Rob Avant
Always wanted a power rear blind, very hard to find.

So my S4 ownership has been brief to say the least, turned out to be one project i don't wish to persue now , its leaving the building next week and i wont have damaged my wallet this time around.

Reactions: Rob Avant
The S4 is off to a new home tomorrow, hopefully, the new owner will give it the TLC and investment it needs.
Am I sad it's going, not really as I love my old bus more.

onto a new project car now. :yahoo:

Reactions: Conneh, swisstony, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Well it's gone now , a fleeting few weeks of S4 ownership is over.
I've a few bits left over from it that i'll stick in classifieds if anyone is interested

I keep seeing forged B7’s for circa 5k, they look more appealing!
A 340hp Black Advant in Plymouth currently for 4.8k

I keep seeing forged B7’s for circa 5k, they look more appealing!
A 340hp Black Advant in Plymouth currently for 4.8k
The s4 has left the building as they say, not sad to see it go to be honest as it was always going to be an uphill task one way or the other.

With the turbozentrum kit now have and a remap in January I'll get 350ish easy from my little old 2.0tfsi which is S4 territory anyway without the running cost of the 4.2V8 lump

Reactions: Sloppy_1
have to agree with the above i driven s4 and rs4 and considering there running costs and lists of common faults i think you better off with the tuned 2.0t, even the std 2.0t i had was rapid

i was really keen on an s4 but ended up with a 3.0tdi instead not that its particularly reliable but its extremely fast, but ive yet to have a reliable audi...