Happy birthday old bus.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Gave the old bus a birthday wash and vacuum this evening.
It's been 6 years today since I made a random visit to west London audi in search of a new daily driver and took possession of my current B7 .:yahoo:
It was'nt cheap for a used 7 year old A4 B7 but it just seemed to draw me in , hook line and sinker.

It's been an up and down relationship to be honest , when it works , it works so well , when it's not working so well it can be a tad tiresome but I've allways manged to deal with things.

I normally only keep my daily driver for 3 years so given it's been double that now that says volumes really ,if It wasn't such a good old bus etc then it would have gone long ago.

It ticked all my boxes back in 2014 and still does today, no plans to part company with it yet either, just keep it going and enjoy it.
I'll be adding another B7 to join it very soon now .

For me the B7 platform is still one of the best and by far the nicest looking of the range, but that's my personal choice.

Happy days
:yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, Pie-eyedpiper, Jamsmoo and 2 others
Good times! Great platform the B7

Mine was the best car I've owned for sure. 8 years and it was with me and 105k miles, never missed a beat, never.

What's the mileage Rob?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
29k miles 1 owner when i bought it , 84k now so not that high really, plenty of miles and years left in it yet.:yes:

Reactions: daytonamart
7 yrs old and 29k on the clock, she was one looked after bus. I see why West London had it on the forecourt, I did wonder why they hadn't disposed of her by auction at that age.
What took you to an Audi dealer anyway?

B7 is a thing of beauty. I wanted the B6 or B7 model for ages. I had an Audi 100 and C5 A6s for years, but the A4 looks so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't looking specifically for an audi so it was just sheer luck I saw it online via autotrader..
I was looking to replace my 2006 legacy 3.0 spec B estate with something newer, I was searching for estate cars within a smallish radius and it came up.
It didn't really jump out at me to start with and it and was the same age as the Subaru so didn't really make sense but worth a look.

Zoomed over and had a snoop, it just looked so right and ticked all the boxes especially the performance based estate car box that I allways wanted.
Anyway , a tad costly for what it was but I just knew I had to have it , left a deposit on it and did a cash deal for £12,450.

It's been far from a smooth ride and a lot of issues from week 1 of ownership until now but still have it.

Last edited by a moderator: