Pandora / Ghost thread

You can turn the tag radius up/down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought so but havent looked into that, he reckoned tag battery will only last about 12 months.

Still getting my head around the phone app, ive had car running with key and tag inside, one phone call to car and it cuts dead

I thought so but havent looked into that, he reckoned tag battery will only last about 12 months.

Still getting my head around the phone app, ive had car running with key and tag inside, one phone call to car and it cuts dead
I’ve had to replace Tag batteries already.

I’ve had to replace Tag batteries already.
He reckoned his lasted 11 months but he is in his van everyday so it communicates more? as far as I know it's a bluetooth device, so would it communicate more when it's in the car or more when looking for car? I would have thought the later of the two as it needs to be pretty instant once you get to the car.
I'm chuffed with the add ons that the plus gives you, I was a little undecided between the two initially.

Battery on my lasted 7 months, notified by SMS of low battery. Purchased a set of Varta and Duracell @double the price as it claimed 70% more energy from sc3ewfix, locally, only to find both packages claim 70% more.
I had the choice of Ghost vs Starline vs Pandora. Had Starline previously was good but can get its knickers in a twist as the interface is only button presses. Pandora with the app is more helpful when something is not right. eg.. bonnet not fully closed to engage switch.

Wifey is wondering how I can have a cup of tea made for her the instant she pulls into our drive, havent told her just yet that I get a 'push' notification every time the Pandora arms/disarms and then I can watch where she is 'live' on the tracker :)

Reactions: Daggerit
I've been looking at the Storm Plus myself recently and wondering if it would be a good idea. Is there a particular installer that anyone would recommend? Alternatively the Pandora HQ isn't too far away from me so could just visit them I guess.

I've been looking at the Storm Plus myself recently and wondering if it would be a good idea. Is there a particular installer that anyone would recommend? Alternatively the Pandora HQ isn't too far away from me so could just visit them I guess.

Go to the HQ if I where you.

Reactions: Mike.46
Try and find someone who has already installed one in an 8Y RS3, or go to Pandora HQ, I had my bloke back 3 times in the space of 30 minutes before I (me not him) realised what was actually happening, (you can use either Audi key fob or door handle to open car and disarm the Pandora, the issue was the handle ecu module wasnt being recognised by the Pandora so the installer came back and updated the bluetooth firmware, and left, I opened the car and my phone rings telling me the car had been broken into)
He had to ring Pandora HQ to find the fix.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Try and find someone who has already installed one in an 8Y RS3, or go to Pandora HQ, I had my bloke back 3 times in the space of 30 minutes before I (me not him) realised what was actually happening, (you can use either Audi key fob or door handle to open car and disarm the Pandora, the issue was the handle ecu module wasnt being recognised by the Pandora so the installer came back and updated the bluetooth firmware, and left, I opened the car and my phone rings telling me the car had been broken into)
He had to ring Pandora HQ to find the fix.

Yup agreed.

Mysteriously my installer is always too ill to come back and update my firmware.

Pandora HQ are f*****g no help either.

App on the 'plus' is pretty good, I had to fiddle with the sensitivity of the 'main shock sensor' as the car was setting the alarm off after I had left teh car for about 5-10 minutes (Alarm as in phone call, not a siren) I suspect one the post shutdown 'noises' that the car peforms was upsetting it.
I just like the ability to be able to phone my car from any phone and stop it

Appreciate the feedback, it does seem that a trip to the HQ will hopefully be the most straightforward outcome. The installer can make or break the experience of a product and the impression I'm getting is that if installed and set up correctly the Pandora systems are a good bit of kit.

App on the 'plus' is pretty good, I had to fiddle with the sensitivity of the 'main shock sensor' as the car was setting the alarm off after I had left teh car for about 5-10 minutes (Alarm as in phone call, not a siren) I suspect one the post shutdown 'noises' that the car peforms was upsetting it.
I just like the ability to be able to phone my car from any phone and stop it

Email back from Pandora HQ

Can I take the car to their HQ in Redditch.

Yup agreed.

Mysteriously my installer is always too ill to come back and update my firmware.

Pandora HQ are f*****g no help either.

Hmm Ghost seems to operate just fine :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Pandora operates fine mate.

Just needs the firmware update to make it work ok with the handle unlock.

He initially did the firmware and hopped in his van and dissapeared, only for me to call him back again.

From what my installer said after a phone call to Pandora HQ its down to the initial set up where they programme the unit for each car make, he said it needs to told the car is a Golf Mk8 (due to the door handle ecu/unit)

I get a phone call with what sounds like a 7 minute warning hooter followed by a Russian voice telling me my car has been broken into, and shes quite persistant as well, she keeps ringing until you answer (Typical women :) )

He initially did the firmware and hopped in his van and dissapeared, only for me to call him back again.

From what my installer said after a phone call to Pandora HQ its down to the initial set up where they programme the unit for each car make, he said it needs to told the car is a Golf Mk8 (due to the door handle ecu/unit)

I get a phone call with what sounds like a 7 minute warning hooter followed by a Russian voice telling me my car has been broken into, and shes quite persistant as well, she keeps ringing until you answer (Typical women :) )

Can you PM me his details Mike ?

Well the plot thickens so to speak.

Turns out my original installer is no longer an approved one…..

I’m now having to pay again for another ‘service’ install by the guy Mike used.

That could be worrying, I watched 'my' installer do the whole install (he didnt mind) and asked if anyone with his knowledge that went 'rogue' could by pass my system, he reckons not as after installation he can only gain access if the Pandora is disarmed

He seems like a genuine pleasant guy though, been doing it for 35 years I think he said

That could be worrying, I watched 'my' installer do the whole install (he didnt mind) and asked if anyone with his knowledge that went 'rogue' could by pass my system, he reckons not as after installation he can only gain access if the Pandora is disarmed

He seems like a genuine pleasant guy though, been doing it for 35 years I think he said

He’s the guy that’s coming Tomorrow.

He’s the guy that’s coming Tomorrow.

he'll remember me calling him back :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

He said theres lots of features that some installers dont activate but they activate them all, worth asking him ?

he'll remember me calling him back :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

He said theres lots of features that some installers dont activate but they activate them all, worth asking him ?

Change of plan again

Installer is approved, he is coming back, HQ insist he has too.

He’s not doing any more Pandora though as he can’t be doing with their poor communication / Support.

Note to self................................

Do not dis arm the car from a distance with the Audi key (from inside house) to allow the kids to get into the car...........................

Wifey tested the anti hi jack today by forgetting her tag, car was in our drive and must have picked the tab signal up from house as she started the car, she got around 1/4 mile away

Wifey tested the anti hi jack today by forgetting her tag, car was in our drive and must have picked the tab signal up from house as she started the car, she got around 1/4 mile away

Yup it’s a great feature luckily I’m a dab hand at the procedure to get it started lol.

She came back a little out of breath and ran off again with tag (I was getting my coat on to go and rescue her as my phone had a push notification that the anti hi jack had stopped the car)
She must have sussed it as she was pretty quickly on her way

Should be 'interesting' what she has to say when she returns :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

She came back a little out of breath and ran off again with tag (I was getting my coat on to go and rescue her as my phone had a push notification that the anti hi jack had stopped the car)
She must have sussed it as she was pretty quickly on her way

Should be 'interesting' what she has to say when she returns :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I had my Tag radius turned down because of this.
Now it starts beeping like mad if it can’t detect one.

Exactly, reduced the range, so it cannot be started with the tag inside the house.

Exactly, reduced the range, so it cannot be started with the tag inside the house.
But!!!!
I'm not so sure, just supposing some toe rag either breaks in or catches me or the wife doing the garden and demands the key one way or another,

Off he goes and stops 1/2 mile down the road (Wife got 800 metres) he's going to get out and leg it, he wont come back and ask for the tag

Now with the reduced range he's going to be straight back in the house or garden and at you asking for whatever is stopping the car?

But!!!!
I'm not so sure, just supposing some toe rag either breaks in or catches me or the wife doing the garden and demands the key one way or another,

Off he goes and stops 1/2 mile down the road (Wife got 800 metres) he's going to get out and leg it, he wont come back and ask for the tag

Now with the reduced range he's going to be straight back in the house or garden and at you asking for whatever is stopping the car?

Lol never happy……..

But!!!!

Yep, the toe-rag is the chaos factor in any thing we do to secure.

Lol never happy……..

Not at all,

Perfectly happy, just wondering whether it's better to have them 1/2 mile away before they realise they need the tag or a code, or trying to get the car started either outside my house or stood next to me in a Supermarket Car Park etc, with a reasonable range on the tag in both instances they would be away from you :)

Not at all,

Perfectly happy, just wondering whether it's better to have them 1/2 mile away before they realise they need the tag or a code, or trying to get the car started either outside my house or stood next to me in a Supermarket Car Park etc, with a reasonable range on the tag in both instances they would be away from you :)

The Tag is turned down to what they deem an acceptable limit, too much he said and the car won’t pick up the tag at all.

Around a grand from google search.
I think mine was slightly under that IIRC, it's been on around a year now, theres the odd time it takes a while to update where the car is and once it has not recognised the tag in my pocket, but it does say it's better not to be on your key ring, overall very pleased with it and would fit again :)

Reactions: RS03??? and Kevmoz
@8YARWY

Ghost comes with a tag now too if you want it rather then button presses.

TX.

Reactions: RS03???, Kevmoz and 8YARWY
Having posted on here around this time last year I am once again pondering a Storm Plus. How are people's systems now? Still working without issue or would you look at another system next time?