Can a battery charging not more than 80 percent means it’s faulty? I get u0100 code as well

Year of car & I would suggest you use a ctek

Google is your friend

Reactions: thnujan0103
An expensive Smart battery charger that doesn't even have a LCD display.

Smart money buys this .

Amazon product

Acel08 new packing1 1

Reactions: thnujan0103
Each to there own, but I can 100% put my weight behind my experience of ctek, never ever let me down, it's been a godsend & unfortunately there's allot of companies copying them, lcd doesn't make it better tbh.

Does for me as it tells me a starting and resulting voltage , the 11 year old 11.8 but only goes to 12.1 V the newer 12.3 to 13.4.

Screenshot 20211130 162212 Gallery

CTEK
Close Encounters Third Kind FTR

As I said mate, each to there own

Reactions: 8YARWY
As I said mate, each to there own

Wasting yer time mate, he’d argue black is white……best ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN and Gazwould
Everybody's entitled to there own opinion, it's considerably cheaper nobody can argue that, but sometimes as we know cheaper isn't always better, he's happy with his solution, I've used ctek for many years with an upgrade in between, so I'm swayed by reliability, again my opinion, if it works it's works.

My battery goes to the same voltage, so I'm not sure of his point tbh, alas....

I had a Bosch battery in my A4, it was only 2 years old but think I'd left it a little too long between charges as the car does not get used very much and it had gone very flat. Tried three battery charges. Big **** Clarke start and charge thing, Ring stop/start charger and a Ctek. Not one of them was able to charge or recover the battery. (Returned it under warranty) When a battery is knackered it's knackered no matter what charger you have.

It also surprises me how many people complain about battery charging. They think if the battery is flat they can just go out for a 20 minute drive and the battery will be full again. It would take something like driving from Leeds to London and back to fully charge a flat battery, around 8 hours. It's not something that's done after a quick drive about.

Reactions: NHN
I agree, I just leave the ctek to do its job which usually takes a day to complete it's 8 stage routine, but yes that 20 minute drive would easily be burnt by sidelights on for 5 minutes more than likely if car not running, xenon's drop a battery in no time at all if the battery isn't being charged.

I've had a few batteries that had cells down, luckily with long warranty & Tayna are pretty much the best company to get a battery from tbh, great prices & CS is top notch.

I have to give ctek it's due, it's recovered a number of batteries most would bin & they still ran well & do for ages after.

I'm not a fan of any make of charger to be fair. The battery I was try to get going was failed buy all three chargers. Not one of them including the ctek said the battery was faulty. The ctek even said the battery was fully charged after only 5 minutes which was disappointing seeing as an "intelligent" charger, and let's face it it not a cheap charger either. The other chargers including the ring which also claims it's "intelligent" was trying to change the battery but at a ridiculously low current that it would have taken months to charge! The Clarke was the most expensive charger that I tried but it also a provides a jump start function again the charge rate was only just off 0 on the gauge..

Reactions: Gazwould