8Y S3 ticking noise and issues

38yeez

Reaction score
Hey all. New member and newish owner of an 8Y S3 ( since last november). From the US if that matters.

I purchased a new s3 last winter and have had a rough go at ownership.

This ticking noise has been happening since day 1. Dealership has been having problems reproducing it. It only comes on when the body and panels are heated up. Ive had thr car since winter and it's only getting hot now where i live. Any ideas? Video link below

In addition to that, 2 tires got killed hitting separate pot holes at different times on the same day. I couldnt avoid em. The stock 19s are no joke.

And today! Code P2407 Evap Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit Intermittent/Erratic .....came on during my drive.
Also today!! Received a letter from audi for a recall. Child restraint label thing...so nothing too crazy but come on..

Im venting a lil bit yes. This is my first new car and my first german car. I plan to be meticulous with maintenance but i had no idea id go through this amount of headache so soon. I havent even launched her yet.

I will be taking it to the dealership, but their complimentary loaners are booked until mid July.

I guess if you guys had any input or advice in the mean time, that would be great.