Exhaust

Here's some pics from the install, the instructions that come with the module are based on LHD:

Trim clip locations, once released rotate upwards to release the kick panel.
20220620 162658

Trim removed
20220620 163120

Earth point
20220620 164254

The cable nest
20220620 163236

Location of module connectors once installed
20220620 165922

Module tucked up behind glove box edge
20220620 171109

Module tied to existing wiring and resting on soundproofing
20220620 171542

Reactions: cooperp, kayemill, RS03??? and 4 others
Good write up thanks :)

What does the SSA memory do?

Middle clip, swipe left ;)

@garethdj is that straight piped now?

TX.

Don’t believe so, if you expand the description it says ‘sound with opf’ or something. Sounds decent to me given the soft limiter, little snap crackle and pop but nothing OTT, wondering what it’s like on the roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see the OPF’s still in place.

4743bb85806892397ae783213d01de1b.png

Reactions: Economist

Gotta say it sure does sound really good tone wise, almost volume wise by my taste but once a OPF delete device will available imo the combo might be perfect.
It also made me wanna put a filter on after these turbo flutters

Reactions: cooperp and Mike.46

Gotta say it sure does sound really good tone wise, almost volume wise by my taste but once a OPF delete device will available imo the combo might be perfect.

I love the sound of the Akra exhaust too. That turbo flutter would embarrass the hell out of me. That really is the sound of the 90's/early 2000's.

Reactions: Keano04

If that's just Exhaust and Eventuri, I'm in!

Reactions: garethdj
You can see the OPF’s still in place.

4743bb85806892397ae783213d01de1b.png

Two exhaust valves on the large pipe side, one after the other? whats going on there?

That system would annoy me when all the cold morning condensation was coming out of one side

Two exhaust valves on the large pipe side, one after the other? whats going on there?

That system would annoy me when all the cold morning condensation was coming out of one side

Maybe their way of still having the valves in the system, seems weird to me, maybe they work better at speed somehow.

I honestly don’t even like the way that looks.

A little ‘Heath Robinson’ springs to mind.

Sooner leave it standard.

Reactions: Mike.46
Maybe their way of still having the valves in the system, seems weird to me, maybe they work better at speed somehow.

I honestly don’t even like the way that looks.

A little ‘Heath Robinson’ springs to mind.

Sooner leave it standard.

agreed. Looks a bit of a mess…

agreed. Looks a bit of a mess…

There’s a few German exhausts out there that are all 3.5inch, none of them look conventional but so far as you can tell from YouTube, they sound loads better than akra and milltek

This one is by Grail

0fc480de83535c0aab2c25de18f5c8e6.jpg

There’s a few German exhausts out there that are all 3.5inch, none of them look conventional but so far as you can tell from YouTube, they sound loads better than akra and milltek

This one is by Grail

0fc480de83535c0aab2c25de18f5c8e6.jpg

maybe that’s the price to pay to side step the opf noise problem… looks odd but sounds better!!

was thinking soot on the exhaust would anoy me as not even but with opf you barely get any soot anyhow.

how much are they?

maybe that’s the price to pay to side step the opf noise problem… looks odd but sounds better!!

was thinking soot on the exhaust would anoy me as not even but with opf you barely get any soot anyhow.

how much are they?

Not cheap I’m sure they’re all about 3500 euros, cheaper than Akra of course

Tbf I think the ego X posted further up is cheaper about the same as milltek 2500 ish

Tbf I think the ego X posted further up is cheaper about the same as milltek 2500 ish

Even at 2.5k that’s too much for an exhaust imo - I know it’s typical etc etc but when you look at the costs for them to make the exhausts, it’s silly money really.

3” stainless steel tubing is circa £140 + vat per 6m length… retail… there’s a lot of profit in these exhausts!!

Whine over sorry! Lol

Even at 2.5k that’s too much for an exhaust imo - I know it’s typical etc etc but when you look at the costs for them to make the exhausts, it’s silly money really.

3” stainless steel tubing is circa £140 + vat per 6m length… retail… there’s a lot of profit in these exhausts!!

Whine over sorry! Lol

You said on another thread if the Akrapovic was under 5K you’d go for it, lol now on this thread 2.5K is too much……

You said on another thread if the Akrapovic was under 5K you’d go for it, lol now on this thread 2.5K is too much……

yep, good memory.

You have however missed the point of my post above it seems…

I’m not saying I won’t spend £2.5k (or £5k or whatever the cost is for one I’d like) I’m simply pointing out the pricing is a bit strong given the costs to pull it together - ie the markup must be rather large on each exhaust.

Last edited:
There's a pretty good reason Igor Akrapovic is Slovenia's richest Man.....

Reactions: Terminator x, Keano04 and 8YARWY
yep, good memory.

You have however missed the point of my post above it seems…

I’m not saying I won’t spend £2.5k (or £5k or whatever the cost is for one I’d like) I’m simply pointing out the pricing is a bit strong given the costs to pull it together - ie the markup must be rather large on each exhaust.

You gave the impression 2.5k is too much, lol don’t know what point I’ve missed……..

All these exhausts trying to out do Audi sports exhaust which does a fine job on PFL / FL 8V and struggles on the 8Y because of restrictions from OPF’s, it’s these that are killing the sound, not what comes after them, in my opinion any aftermarket rear section is stupid money for a 5% gain if that.

Be better to spend £400 on a valve controller or when OPF delete becomes available then remove both OPF’s………

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Terminator x
DCFA8517 F692 412A AA14 BFC9B0A50B5F

Custom valved exhaust in the uk.
Milltek sounds trash out of all the current options available

Reactions: garethdj
Agree with Sean the exhaust guys can't really better Audi, never have been able to. Sports exhaust on the PFL was insane!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
Agree with Sean the exhaust guys can't really better Audi, never have been able to. Sports exhaust on the PFL was insane!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I don’t think you’ve heard the Boostlogic exhaust then

You gave the impression 2.5k is too much, lol don’t know what point I’ve missed……..

All these exhausts trying to out do Audi sports exhaust which does a fine job on PFL / FL 8V and struggles on the 8Y because of restrictions from OPF’s, it’s these that are killing the sound, not what comes after them, in my opinion any aftermarket rear section is stupid money for a 5% gain if that.

Be better to spend £400 on a valve controller or when OPF delete becomes available then remove both OPF’s………

Lol.

my comment wasn’t commentary about what my affordability for an exhaust is, which was the implication of your initial reply.

my comment also wasn’t commentary on whether there are cheaper alternative solutions like the controller you mention.

I was commenting that given the cost to manufacture, I think the price of aftermarket exhausts (a generalism, not any particular exhaust) seems excessively high.

I acknowledge that the price is just what the market dictates and it is what it is, hence me clarifying I’m just having a moan, by way of vent.

Hope that helps you understand :icon thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
Lol.

my comment wasn’t commentary about what my affordability for an exhaust is, which was the implication of your initial reply.

my comment also wasn’t commentary on whether there are cheaper alternative solutions like the controller you mention.

I was commenting that given the cost to manufacture, I think the price of aftermarket exhausts (a generalism, not any particular exhaust) seems excessively high.

I acknowledge that the price is just what the market dictates and it is what it is, hence me clarifying I’m just having a moan, by way of vent.

Hope that helps you understand :icon thumright:

Roger and out.

Anyone knows if there’s any progress on an OPF delete device ? We surely have concluded that such device would solve most of the problem because with them in place a muffler wouldn’t change the sound by much (maybe with them out of the way a muffler would have a bigger effect on the sound as the OPFs have the biggest effect)

Anyone knows if there’s any progress on an OPF delete device ? We surely have concluded that such device would solve most of the problem because with them in place a muffler wouldn’t change the sound by much (maybe with them out of the way a muffler would have a bigger effect on the sound as the OPFs have the biggest effect)

I was told by a company in April they are here soon.
1ce6b2a450a1e5124887549a335032c2.jpg

Reactions: shahaf2911
What company was that? Infinit apparently have a opf simulator which works now. They quoted me £2k for the downpipe and simulator.

I'm going to hold off untill mrc can map it I think

Yup biggest restriction on sound, yet people are getting giddy about 3-5K rear sections that make it sound like a Daza 8V not a chance…….. .

Same people that think swapping it out gives the car its pops and bangs etc back. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
What company was that? Infinit apparently have a opf simulator which works now. They quoted me £2k for the downpipe and simulator.

I'm going to hold off untill mrc can map it I think
They sell it separately without the downpipe ? I’d like to keep the catalytic converter for now as I don’t plan on mapping the car just yet and if I’ll map the car I just as well remove everything and map it. Plus I can’t get a downpipe through customs as it won’t pass custom cause it’s not EC approved so it’s either just a module and cut the OPFs out or map and a downpipe with no filters at all for me (odd that a downpipe without filters isn’t an issue for customs but ok lol).
What do you guys plan on doing ?

They sell it separately without the downpipe ? I’d like to keep the catalytic converter for now as I don’t plan on mapping the car just yet and if I’ll map the car I just as well remove everything and map it. Plus I can’t get a downpipe through customs as it won’t pass custom cause it’s not EC approved so it’s either just a module and cut the OPFs out or map and a downpipe with no filters at all for me (odd that a downpipe without filters isn’t an issue for customs but ok lol).
I'm not sure to be honest, I'm going to wait untill a reputable company have a tune out for it, get abit more power and better sound at the same time

Leaving it…….

I’ve a friend that works at a dealer and he’s told me that any car that’s sold / sent back into the dealer network will be inspected for OPF’s and their removal, he said they’d been caught out a few times by previous owners ‘meddling’ and that it had cost them big time when trying to a car back to a legal standard.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You’ll be able to sell the Akra on for good money so in actuality, it makes more sense.

Depends…….. Not everyone is going to want to drop 3k upwards on a used rear exhaust