RS3 First Thoughts & Questions

Noticed sort of brake judder when crawling in traffic jam, felt like the electric servo unit in cadence breaking mode.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
Noticed sort of brake judder when crawling in traffic jam, felt like the electric servo unit in cadence breaking mode.

Yes exactly what I experienced this afternoon.
You can hear the servo working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RS03???
Yeah it has a few low speed noises that are popping up for me now I’m guessing EVAP Canister and Brake Servos are the main culprits also the rear drivetrain is a bit clunky if you catch it off guard.

Then there’s the rear brake noises which I guess will fade with time.

Also I think I’ve got a bad fitting pan roof as mine is a bit of a creaker then again London roads bring all the rattles out in cars pretty quickly I’ve noticed.

Not the end of the world though all things considered.

Noticed the base bolster on my passengers seat has already got a bit of a crinkle in it so will try some Dr Leather on that to try and lift it out. Strange as the S3 bolsters had zero wear on them after months.

One other minor thing I’ve noticed, if i have car in efficiency mode and turn it off, it comes back on in efficiency mode but when you put it in gear it puts it into Drive and not Efficiency for the drivetrain - so you have to go back into driving modes and press Efficiency again to get it to change the drivetrain to match the mode - pretty minor though in the grand scheme of things - can’t remember if my S3 remembered the drivetrain to match the driving profile or not for Efficiency mode …

It’s supposed to do this, it puts the drive mode into a more driveable setting. Page 121 of the manual.
4479AE04 460D 4ADF 8A2A C155B44E7891

Reactions: RS03??? and DangerMouseUK
Yeah it has a few low speed noises that are popping up for me now I’m guessing EVAP Canister and Brake Servos are the main culprits also the rear drivetrain is a bit clunky if you catch it off guard.

Then there’s the rear brake noises which I guess will fade with time.

Also I think I’ve got a bad fitting pan roof as mine is a bit of a creaker then again London roads bring all the rattles out in cars pretty quickly I’ve noticed.

Not the end of the world though all things considered.

Noticed the base bolster on my passengers seat has already got a bit of a crinkle in it so will try some Dr Leather on that to try and lift it out. Strange as the S3 bolsters had zero wear on them after months.

I am anyone would agree that the new RS3 seats are much more comfortable than the super sports seats in the 8V RS3 and fully electric!

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I am anyone would agree that the new RS3 seats are much more comfortable than the super sports seats in the 8V RS3 and fully electric!

If it’s of any use to you the seats between the S3 and RS3 MY22 are noticeably different - feels like more padding towards the lower back area.

They also seem to have fixed the squeaking that plagued the S3 seats somehow …

Shame the bolster wear looks to be not so good though but I guess some Dr Leather can sometimes freshen it up if it’s not too far gone!

I’ve noticed the rubbing noise when reversing in my new LE today. Happened a few times…

Has anyone had it to the dealer to check?

I’ve noticed the rubbing noise when reversing in my new LE today. Happened a few times…

Has anyone had it to the dealer to check?
My vorsprung does this, not all the time but it's quite a loud noise, almost like a brakes rubbing noise or tyres rubbing

Reactions: 8YARWY
My vorsprung does this, not all the time but it's quite a loud noise, almost like a brakes rubbing noise or tyres rubbing

Same. It’s the brake pads ‘rubbing’

Reactions: CarterRS
I mean it sounds like a bus. Not exactly good is it!