boot trim remove to install park distance control

lizart95

Reaction score
There is a bit of a story behind this but TL: DR the car has original PDC but it was "changed" with aftermarket (the sensors are sticking out) I bought a module,buzzer and the 4 sensors to fit them in the weekend .The question is :How to remove the boot trim/lining to get to the park assist ? And on which side is the module located ? facing the boot on the left where is the subwoofer or the right where the filler cap is.I find diffent locations around internet forums and such and i don't want to take the whole interior out.

to clarify "changed" i don't know what is left from the original sistem because this one doesn't work.VCDS reports :
2 Faults Found:
01543 - Parking Aid Warning Chime (H15)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Right (G206)
004 - No Signal/Communication

I at first installed an after market system, and powered it from the reverse light loom.
I installed it on the left side where the subwoofer is and tapped the loom there.

After, I installed the original system with front and rear sensors.
The module sits on the right side, on a bracket.

To remove the boot cover, there is one screw on the top side at the light (on the left side).
Then use some force to unclip it from the car.
First you have to remove the horizontal piece where the warning triangle is. Use force with upwards direction.

Check this post. Plenty of pictures. Link

Thank you all working fine now with the PDC.Now i got this
1 Fault Found:
00858 - Connection; Radio Intermediate Frequency (IF) Output to Antenna Amplifier
011 - Open Circuit

i didn't touch the radio at all the navigation is not working now.I will check tomorrow the left side if the boot because i disassembled it to look for the rear buzzer.I hope i detached a connector somewhere.