Font bumper

petewon

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 8P facelift front bumper will fit the prefacelift 8P model?

Cheers.

No it won't fit. Unless you replace the bonnet or like a gap between the new grille and the old bonnet..

Cheers Samdude, whats that one youve got on there? Got any pics in the gallery? Ive just bought one and looking for mods allready.

Its a (standard, so far) 2.0TDI Sport 140bhp DSG (2004).

I'm waiting a little while to stick on the Votex rear spoiler (and maybe selling the rear lower valance I have in hand, rather than scouting for the front valance and side skirts).

Maybe getting the windows tinted.

Also a member of the group buy for the Upsolute remap (here)

yeah I was trying to find the Votex kits before but they only seem to be available through Audi and quite costly.

I was looking at that map too but my 8P is just the 2.0FSI so it only gets around a 15bhp gain I think.

So can you get a valance to fit on the bottom of the front spoiler you allready have Samdude?

I would be very interested to know if there is a RS4 style bumper for the 8P i.e. those air intakes on the side. Think it'd look very good! Photoshop moment?

s3_bumper.jpg

petewon - check ebay - there are several shops online that sell unused, second hand votex kits for the A3's

but make sure you get the right one's as the 3dr and 5dr are different

8P007 i think is for the 3dr, i cannot remember but i will check my front spoiler this morning for you

i managed to get a slightly damaged front spoiler off ebay for £70 delibered and its perfect!

I paid £200 for brand new side skirts for my 3dr sport

I also bought a rear valence but I made the mistake of buying one fora 5 door :( but I am not going to buy one anyway as I am not fussed on it, i personally prefer the Reiger rear valence or the one that comes standard on the facelift s-lines

but for now, I like the rear of my car, its smooth and the milltek exhaust completes it :D

Cheers Boydie, you got any pics of your 8P?

I have been looking on ebay but cant find anything. Do you know if its possible to just get a lower piece to fit onto the bottom of the the standard front bumper or does the full bumper need replacing?

Soz for the noob questions, I know nowt about bodykits.

do you have msn pete?

the "lower piece" fits directly onto the front bumper without having to take it off - it may be easier to take it off but I had my car up on a ramp to fit mine

Ha funny enough Boydie I am watching that item, appart from that there doesnt seem to be much genuine stuff on there for that model.

I have MSN but Im at work and the admin dont let us use it here. Have you any more info on that "lower piece" pics, part number etc? Ill PM you my email adress if you have any pics. Sounds like exactly what Im after.

Cheers:)

SamDude said:
No it won't fit. Unless you replace the bonnet or like a gap between the new grille and the old bonnet..

That's not true.

EPC shows bonnet has same part number...

therefore you just need the grille/bonnet etc.

the bonnet definately has to be replaced if you are wanting to fit a facelift front bumper to a 2004 model

Teejay said:
That's not true.

EPC shows bonnet has same part number...

therefore you just need the grille/bonnet etc.

Sorry but I'm with Boydie on this one.

Just checked ETKA and it does show two part numbers.

For 2004 it also lists a bonnet for retrofitting the single frame grill which is coincidentally the same part number as the standard bonnet on the later single grill models.

as a consumer you can't - it is copyright software and costs a lot.
as a garage you can get it under licence from Audi.
having said that, you can pick up hooky copies on ebay, but I'm sure audi-sport.net does not condone the sale/purchase of hooky software.

the difference is not the size of the bonnet, it is the raised area up the middle, which is more pronounced on the later cars, to follow the lines of the grill up to the windscreen. assume we are talking about the 3 door, and not the 5 door??