RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

AMG Slayer .....this channel loves to exaggerate....what do you think @Snake Pliskin you owned one

i think the reality is that power wise there isn’t much in it at all but they are very different cars.

Audi has a better sound, ride, comfort arguably better looks & brand imo. Audi feels more premium imo too.

Merc is fine if you want a car you need to rev the nuts off & want firmer bucket seats to sling it round a track - the tech is a bit slicker & screens higher res - but I still like the Audi virtual cockpit. Merc ambient lighting is very cool but may be too nightclub for some lol

Audi just to suits my needs & taste more so is the clear winner but some may prefer the Merc. Both good cars but in different ways.

Reactions: Terminator x
Any errors?

It’s a nice improvement based on your video so may go out and do the same to mine
Nothing visually - and the car doesn't feel different/laggier/slower etc, but if you nosey in at the 'Exhaust Valve Plug' topic, it leaves errors in the cars ECU. I'm not ***** about them personally but you could make an informed decision for yourself based on that in there.

Reactions: Keano04
20220513 123138

First outing in race mode!

Reactions: furious_iPod, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 5 others
That blue does look amazing. Saw one in "real life" a few weeks back.

TX.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, RSt3ve, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
That blue does look amazing. Saw one in "real life" a few weeks back.

TX.

I had quite a few positive comments about mine.

Then you get some people saying ‘isn’t it quiet’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, RSt3ve and Snake Pliskin
I had quite a few positive comments about mine.

Then you get some people saying ‘isn’t it quiet’

There is no denying it is a LOT quieter than our 8V's for sure - on reflection, they were flippin spectacular for sound.
It still sounds a whole lot better than the AMG dyson vac though.
Unless we buy and older car or something like an Aston V8 Vantage or Porsche 911, its the best we are gonna get for sound though isn't it ?

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Adi7r and 8YARWY
There is no denying it is a LOT quieter than our 8V's for sure - on reflection, they were flippin spectacular for sound.
It still sounds a whole lot better than the AMG dyson vac though.
Unless we buy and older car or something like an Aston V8 Vantage or Porsche 911, its the best we are gonna get for sound though isn't it ?

I’m not gelling with it at all I’m afraid…….

Was hoping with the few items I’ve been sent to test on it, I’d grow to like it, but even that’s not going straightforward like I’d hoped.

For me (I don’t care what anyone else thinks) the engine noise is terrible, very course sounding and going down the box at high revs is awful

I’d never have thought that a Soundakator would be needed, however even turning that off only highlights the front engine noise even more.

It’s not a car I’ll be keeping long……

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Jassyo06, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 1 other person
I’m not gelling with it at all I’m afraid…….

Was hoping with the few items I’ve been sent to test on it, I’d grow to like it, but even that’s not going straightforward like I’d hoped.

For me (I don’t care what anyone else thinks) the engine noise is terrible, very course sounding and going down the box at high revs is awful

I’d never have thought that a Soundakator would be needed, however even turning that off only highlights the front engine noise even more.

It’s not a car I’ll be keeping long……

I do know where you are coming from mate - but I'm just not sure what the alternative would be ?
Unless you get something like a Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, but that is a compromise in other ways.
or do you just go Tesla and accept there is zero noise lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Looks ace! :thumbs up:

Do we know if we can get roof boxes for the 8Y yet? Planning a long trip and the Mrs doesn't think there's enough room :laugh:
There's not loads of room but I've managed to cram a weekends worth of camping gear, two kit bags, gazebo and food/water etc in (plus a banana).
20220513 122950

To gain a little extra I removed the polystyrene boot insert and filled that with camp beds and dry robes.

Fully laden and with a bit of m25 it's returned this. Man I love this car, so versatile and a head turner. Had two chaps in an m3 pull alongside and gave me the double thumbs up on the m1!
20220513 140553

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, RS5JON and Snake Pliskin
I do know where you are coming from mate - but I'm just not sure what the alternative would be ?
Unless you get something like a Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, but that is a compromise in other ways.
or do you just go Tesla and accept there is zero noise lol

Porsche not practical I’m afraid, and I won’t spend that much on a car

I actually may make the jump to

Porsche not practical I’m afraid, and I won’t spend that much on a car

I actually may make the jump to

As i say at least you know to expect zero sound :tearsofjoy:
Not much choice is there.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
There are kits out there to make your elec car sound like anything you fancy, nothing new when Audi do it with the Soundaktor and actual 'real loud speakers in the exhaust on SQ5.

I know we have what could be a nice sounding 5 pot, but, it's that quiet Audi need artificial cockpit noise *** :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
So he doesn't like the poor sound of the RS3 yet will "jump to electric" with no sound :whistle2:

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, SeoTFSI, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Oof… in the sun this looks superb!

Reactions: rngDeadeye, Pinky1959, Terminator x and 2 others
So he doesn't like the poor sound of the RS3 yet will "jump to electric" with no sound :whistle2:

TX.
As well as being electric they are God damn ****** ungainly and ugly .....Fleet car....Elons Vauxhall Vectra

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and cooperp
I would never, ever, order a car and then have to wait forever to take delivery.
A pointless exercise for me personally.
If it doesn't tick all the boxes at the start which inc the delivery time then i will look at something else, harsh i know but I don't do waiting anymore.

Reactions: Frizzley and Mastachaz
I would never, ever, order a car and then have to wait forever to take delivery.
A pointless exercise for me personally.
If it doesn't tick all the boxes at the start which inc the delivery time then i will look at something else, harsh i know but I don't do waiting anymore.
It's like every new car just now taking far too long for delivery ....better waiting than paying £10k over list ....besides I aint desperate for a new car

It's like every new car just now taking far too long for delivery ....better waiting than paying £10k over list ....besides I aint desperate for a new car
And I won't be held to ransom either.

*Middle of an empty country park at 8:30pm at night before anyone gets their knickers in a twist about parking :thumbs up:

• Haha
Reactions: Pinky1959, Daggerit, Mastachaz and 2 others
Beauty but still like other colors more haha
Definitely. My only personal gripe with Kyalami is that it's not metallic therefor seeing the creases of the body in a lot of lights can be difficult to capture in pictures. Kyalami, Daytona, Black, and Turbo Blue are all great colours on this shape, even the tango red is lovely too.

And as dull as dish water

I thought the same but drove my first Tesla last week. It was the 2WD version and it turns out I was right. Dull AF.

However I also drive a Tesla 3 Lond-Range on Saturday and that was quite ....... interesting. The long range which is claimed to be quicker than the performance over 70mph (according the matt Watson).

As well as being electric they are God damn ****** ungainly and ugly .....Fleet car....Elons Vauxhall Vectra
I thought the same but drove my first Tesla last week. It was the 2WD version and it turns out I was right. Dull AF.

However I also drive a Tesla 3 Lond-Range on Saturday and that was quite ....... interesting. The long range which is claimed to be quicker than the performance over 70mph (according the matt Watson).

The more I see Tesla's the more I also think how incredibly bland they look.
Every model 3 looks pretty much identical and the colour choices are as bland as the looks.
Other than a company car 'tax dodge' I really don't see the appeal.
How anyone could sink their own money into one is beyond me.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jay 1234, Jassyo06 and 2 others