wheres the PHat a3's???

dubmas

Reaction score
yo, im a bit disapointed with the lack of modded a3' s about.
im looking for inspiration to get my a3 looking nice and phat, low,clean and mean.
more of this action! >>> :hubbahubba: :rockwoot:

a5ae_3.JPG

maybe cos the a3 is relativly new theres not so many people willing to mod the asthetics??
my old car was a mk3 gti, obviously tonnes of good (and bad) modding going on there...

-im cracking on geting mine smoothed a bit and updating some bits.
will post some pics soon as curent bits added.

i realise this is mayebe a more OEM site,
but still, euro it up a bit is it ladies!? hahaha

bring it!

That looks awesome mate, and i agree lets gets some more euro-ing going on.

sitrails- loving your monoblocks! wish i could afford some... look meaty in 18" too....i wanna get some gunmetal deep dish action on my silver a3. yee ha!
gotta sort out my front end first tho (smooth and colour code facelift bumper, tint facelfit lights gunship grey, satin grill chrome).. pre facelift front is so weak!

random jimnice a4! lovin the phat ness of the front! nice deep spoiler sets it of gangster style .. haha :p

Not too many people on these forums are keen on the Euro look. It's pretty big over in the USA and they have some crazy Golf MKIV's.

4979.jpg

this is a nice car, why ruin it with bad mods! subtlety is the key!!! some of em look nice but it aint a bad boy car, not sure about that bumper :sadlike:

Bonnet bras are always controversial but i think they look kinda cool.

Dubmas - where did you get that front bumper from? I want to reposition my number plate in the same way but there's a horrid grooved bit where the plate fits into that looks wrong if I were to move it :(

ChriS3 said:
Each to their own, but personally I'm rather glad there's not to much of that Euro guff going aound.

Me too...

Lets fit some stupidly wide (often illegal and dangerous) wheels, lower it so much that you can't go above walking pace because said silly wheels scrape and you risk ripping the sump off - but tell everyone it handles 'great', then smooth out the outsides removing any decent styling bits...to leave another style-less euro blob of unknown origin.

Euro styling eh?
You can poke it...

man, thats a bit harsh Ess. Such cars are usually concours and have no illusion of being able to handle or drag. Such cars are form over function. Some people have a creative side, and like to express it in the medium of automotive styling.

Personally though, i can't see the point in euro-styling an A/S3 because it's pretty much there already. It was designed that way, and thats why the a3 and b5 A4 shape was so popular.

You can take it further by deleting all the trim, locks, repeaters etc.. but its nothing like the old-school days of VAG where everything was square by design, and euro-styling was a real challenge of craftmanship.

The whole point of euro-styling a car is to create an impact, generate smooth lines, phatness, and to drop it on the floor. To do that to an already 90% euro looking car isn't going to set the styling scene alight.

madvw said:
man, thats a bit harsh Ess.

I don't think so...

If people want an ornament...buy a piece of art.
If you buy a car...at least be able to drive the damn thing.

Such cars are usually concours and have no illusion of being able to handle or drag. Such cars are form over function. Some people have a creative side, and like to express it in the medium of automotive styling.

I guess the whole idea of form over function has bypassed my creative side. :lmfao:

phatness,

One of the daftest words in the world, right there...

So Phat means cool? Is that it...?

Perhaps if I try describing myself as Phat instead of the traditionally accepted spelling of the word, that would make me cool?
I think not.

It must be something in the Aberdeen water...

I think it's the fact that we have challenging roads, very few speed cameras and lots of open spaces between towns/cities up here....so you learn to drive, rather than pose.

Also, it rains so much that 'show' cars would never get taken out of their carpeted, heated garages.

Oh, and the terrain makes for bumpy, uneven roads...which makes for a very real risk of ripping your sump off as you are pimping your phat lowrider to the nearest homme haunt/local winebar.

Well I think his car looks really nice tbh, it's that front bumper and those rims that really set it off :o.k:

Interesting point. Locality definately plays a part. I love hot-rods, custom cars and motorcycles, which would mostly be found in america, where they probably think a roundabout is a type of hair style or a burger meal.

I'm amazed at what some people can do with metal, but in the same breath, cars are for transport.........can't decide.

I've found that modding cars no matter what look your going for costs a lot of money......money that you will never get back. I've been there and although i enjoyed my car and it looked really nice when it came to selling it i lost alot and my whole goal is each new car is a step up therefore i would rather keep my cash for the next step. I dont mind engine tweeks and wheels but i begrudge to throw loads of cash to change what i think is already a very hot looking car.....

I bought my S3 because i was sick of trying to make my cars look hot and i wanted something that didnt need much done to it e.g. kits and bodywork. however if i was rich and money was no object i might have a different opinion.

I feel when you start changing things so much stuff starts to go wrong and most people prefer a standard car to one that has been modded and faffed around with.

What the hell is happening here?

Phat? Is that some kind of good thing?

What has happened to Her Majesty the Queens Royal English?

Is the gene pool in decline?

Last one out of this country, turn off the lights...........I'm off!!!

:bye:

StaffsS3 said:

well, someones got to run the country once you've reached the window-licking stage, which doesn't sound that far away.

StaffsS3 said:

I'm with you...I too am confused by all these strange 'yoof' expressions.
Apparently 'sick' and 'bad' are good too. Work that out!

So is 'dope' by all accounts. Dope means the dim-wit that sat in the corner, when I was at school...since when did being thick become a good thing?

Sadly, the Chav about town has no room for use of the Queens English...preparing to be a lazy, bone idle drag-**** and use as few letters as possible in all this totally irritating 'txt talk' as used by those with IQs less than their shoe size who frequent the 'bebo' type places of the world.

Personally, I'd delete any irritating post where the dim-witted user has chosen to disregard his/her education and instead chosen to use 'txt talk', stupid slang expressions, or refuses to have a basic stab at punctuation and grammar.
But I get called names for that...and people gang up on me...starting threads to complain about me. Oh...the shame. Honestly, I struggle to sleep some nights...

Yes, sadly...I think you'll find it is.
Such a shame...

Don't be hasty...I'm sure that between us we can raise the standards...

Failing that, wait for me...because I've had enough too! :moa:

madvw said:
well, someones got to run the country once you've reached the window-licking stage, which doesn't sound that far away.

Well...if the future of the Country is in the hands of some of the users on here...I need to get away soon...as it's not going to be a nice place to be.

Btw, what's the general view on modded cars by police officers anywho? Do they think anyone with a quite a visually modified car needs pulling over or do you guys just tend to go for the chavy looking ones?
Just intrigued, I've never been pulled over in my A3 yet (which has quite a few very apparent visual mods done), however I was always getting pulled up in my VTS :happy:

Ess_Three said:
Well...if the future of the Country is in the hands of some of the users on here...I need to get away soon...as it's not going to be a nice place to be.

Change is always going to happen, whether anyone likes it or not - or at least it will until the gutless ones resist such a change.

Those of us that stand up and shout are called troublemakers.

Ess_Three said:
Me too...

Lets fit some stupidly wide (often illegal and dangerous) wheels, lower it so much that you can't go above walking pace because said silly wheels scrape and you risk ripping the sump off - but tell everyone it handles 'great', then smooth out the outsides removing any decent styling bits...to leave another style-less euro blob of unknown origin.

Euro styling eh?
You can poke it...
bang on matey, totally agree! :icon_thumright:

drew

Toxik-Signal said:
Btw, what's the general view on modded cars by police officers anywho? Do they think anyone with a quite a visually modified car needs pulling over or do you guys just tend to go for the chavy looking ones?
Just intrigued, I've never been pulled over in my A3 yet (which has quite a few very apparent visual mods done), however I was always getting pulled up in my VTS :happy:

I think it depends on the mods...
My Golf is well modified, but remains reasonably standard looking and is legal...that is my windows aren't pimp-tinted, the wheels are sensibly sized and remain inside the arches, it's not de-catted (so doesn't spit flames) and I keep both a front and rear number plate fitted in a UK legal font (that's a rarity...no German style illegal plates or lack of front plate here - all in the name of 'smoothing'!)
I don't need to change anything to get it through the MOT...so I have no fear of getting stopped as everything works and is legal.

If people choose not to run a front plate...or to use German style plates, or to have limo tinted windows or wheels out past the arches...you are a target...and plot will eventually pull you accordingly.
That's the risk...you knowingly drive an illegal car...you get caught and prosecuted.

I suppose a lot of it come down to how the car is, and the company you keep...your car being legal but all your mates running no/illegal plates for example...you'll get your collar felt too.

Stay legal...no worries.
That's the way it's been for me over many more years than I care to remember.

Although...a car favoured by the Chav element will increase your chances of getting pulled...the reason I sold my Nova back in '96...because the Chavs/Neds were choosing them as their vehicle of choice.
I didn't/don't want tarring with that particular brush, thank you!

Ess_Three said:
Me too...

Euro styling eh?
You can poke it...

I would agree.... the euro look is something talked about in max power too much... its a chav thing!:no:

The black powdercoat inners with chrome lips comes as an option on Toyota Camry's etc over in California.

Not for me :)

Oh, and the old people talking about the Queens English, you are DINOSAURS.

I'm touching 30 and even I understand language has to change, the world has to move on, otherwise we'd all be speaking like Shakespear.

I wouldn't say euro look was a chav thing. Chav is aluminium spoilers and hubcaps.

Euro is about subtlety and smoothness. Not all about making everyone turn and look but to make people in the know realise the subtle changes. But as with everything some like it some don't.

My car is modified (as shown in the pictures above) but I wouldn’t consider it chavy, and it is not a sump scraper just lowered enough to make it perform better on the track as proven last month.
From the outside I wanted it to look different but nothing to far away from the Audi styling

You Audi owners do moan.

I'm guessing most of you are over about 25. and see any visual modification to a car "useless" .. "a waste of time" .."chavvy" <is thrown about alot.

this thread is preaching to the converted. older people who don't want to be seen.

i'm not overly keen on euro styling, but i think some of it is cool to incorporate into some of the standard audi design. and that black a3 will get the attention it aims for. put that and an S3 down the same street. the euro one will get looked at more. and that is exactly what it's purpose is. baring in mind its all show and no go, some people cannot afford insurance on something that is the opposite end of that spectrum.

and if you want to leave the country.. ****** well do it !

Well it's not my cup of tea..........(no surprise there then!)

But!! I would direct this to Ess Three........ I would much prefer to see the youth of today spending time and effort turning their cars into 'polished turds' rather than mugging old grannies etc etc....

However, I suppose the ones spending time and money (and presumably having jobs) on their cars aren't the real 'chavs', are they..??

For the genuine chav scum, the only long term solution seems to be the 'sterilisation' of all those capable of 'breeding'.