HELP VCDS REPORT

waz418

Reaction score
Hi

I’m struggling to find the cause of my car shaking on idle after changing few parts with the mechanic recommendation car is still the same

I have now got VAGCOM diagnosis done on my car I’m confused hoping someone on here can help understand the report and also what could be the issue as the engine management is on and concerned especially finding it difficult to know what the problem could as the mechanics keep suggesting changing different parts which makes no difference at all to my Audi A4 tfsi s line

Attachments

• E0102DD5-E8D8-4199-B97E-FF3D70E75A70.jpeg
    E0102DD5-E8D8-4199-B97E-FF3D70E75A70.jpeg
    756.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 258A1D15-F710-440E-8390-9D8558AC15F1.png
    258A1D15-F710-440E-8390-9D8558AC15F1.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 72
Lean means that there is insufficient fuel in the air/fuel mix reaching the cylinders. On this type of engine the fuelling is normally based on the airflow measurement from the MAF sensor in the intake (just after the air box). So there is more air getting into the engine than through the MAF, and an air leak would explain that. I see that the faults are at idle so the engine intake will be creating negative pressure since the turbo has not spun up. So indeed a leak in the air intake between the MAF and the throttle body would seem the most likely cause.

Lean means that there is insufficient fuel in the air/fuel mix reaching the cylinders. On this type of engine the fuelling is normally based on the airflow measurement from the MAF sensor in the intake (just after the air box). So there is more air getting into the engine than through the MAF, and an air leak would explain that. I see that the faults are at idle so the engine intake will be creating negative pressure since the turbo has not spun up. So indeed a leak in the air intake between the MAF and the throttle body would seem the most likely cause.
Would you suggest by changing the maf sensor/ cleaning first?

to see if that would fix the issue?

thanks