All mechanical issues of a 1.4 TFSI

alonzofernandes

Reaction score
Can we start a trend on all of the mechanical issues on this model. I wanna sell spare parts for it. Appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None really. Only real issue is timing chain, but even that's not a given.

Where are you gonna be selling parts for it

None really. Only real issue is timing chain, but even that's not a given.

Where are you gonna be selling parts for it

Wow really? No water pump issues random oil leaks nothing?
I’ll be selling in South America Guyana .

Other than the timing chain, there's no inherent issues, eg. Don't need to change cam follower as maintainence etc.

Waterpump, mine is getting changed on Monday as its making a noise. 80k on the original.

I believe there are slight oil leaks from the sump that are common, but nothing major or enough to be an issue.

The real problematic 1.4 was the twin charged 160bhp version found on golfs and seats. Cavd engine code I think. That had big issues

Reactions: alonzofernandes
Other than the timing chain, there's no inherent issues, eg. Don't need to change cam follower as maintainence etc.

Waterpump, mine is getting changed on Monday as its making a noise. 80k on the original.

I believe there are slight oil leaks from the sump that are common, but nothing major or enough to be an issue.

The real problematic 1.4 was the twin charged 160bhp version found on golfs and seats. Cavd engine code I think. That had big issues

I know there are two type of 1.4 TFSI one found on the MK6 with the timing chain and the newer version on the 8Vs that uses timing belt.

the golf mk5 and audi a1 and seat cupra had a twin charged 1.4 option. supercharger and turbo.

Reactions: alonzofernandes