A3 1.4 Tfsi - A Few Questions

bigbob

Reaction score
Hi all,

Took my Audi to Audi main dealer for a full service.
they came back with 3 faults:

wiper linkage motor faulty - the garage I bought the car from will be repairing this.

radiator leak - they sent me a video link. Audi want £350 inc VAT for this. I can get a Denso radiator for £90 and get my friend who has his own garage fit it. He quoted me £90. Does the whole front end have to come off to replace the radiator?

Finally, there is a "static fault found on instrument cluster" - Audi want £617 to fix this!! no other information given. The only fault I can see is that sometimes when I turn on the ignition, the cluster does not always light up, I have switch the lights on for the cluster to light up. Is there a cheaper option to get this fixed? Audi did not give me a full explanation when I asked them what fault they found!

Thanks

Front bumper and the front panel complete with lights and rads has to come off to change rads

these prices take the pi55, I'd leave the instrument cluster issue alone for a start if your legally able to, £617 is outrageous. I'm assuming if you had a warranty these things would be covered? Otherwise I'd be selling asap, I couldn't afford to be paying out things like that with a 1 year old at home more important.

Maybe you can try another instument cluster see if that sorts the problem be alot cheaper on ebay or breakers yard