CH/LH retro fit with replacement BCM help!

gixerben

Reaction score
I wanted to fit CH/LH lights to my 2007 A4 S-Line Avant.
I order the switch and followed numerous guides on here but my M module didn’t support CH/LH lights, so I purchased an N module and set about coding et.
All went well but my front fogs don’t light up, rears are good and work as expected, issue is that my DIS informs me that my fogs are out (bulb warning) they work fine off the switch, so I’m guess pin swap required at the module?

any advice, links would be great, I have a genuine VCDS lead but I’m fairly green to coding..

I’m also attempting to fit a B6 light sensor rear view mirror as well so help with that would be handy too..

thanks

I fitted a B6 auto dimming rear mirror, do you have a picture of the mirror.

I have also fitted a B6 mirror, wasn’t fussed about wipers.
The problem is my wiring, my fog lights don’t go via the control module hence why the car throws up a fault! Should feed of pins 19 and 21 but mine are empty!
Plus I also lost rear fogs!

i did manage to wire the mirror in so something positive

The car will show a fault, mine does as well.
The CH/LH lights are designed to used with wind screen that has light sensor in the glass.
My screen is standard so when you use Vag com saying you car has a light sensor it will bring up a fault.
The CH/LH lights work but will be on in the day time when you lock the car, I turn them off in the summer at the switch.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yeah, it’s not a light sensor fault! I could live with that, its the lack of fogs that bothers me, after all no rear fog lights is an MOT failure..
Sadly my original M module doesn’t support ch/LH lights..

I have reinstalled the original module and guess I’ll have to go without

I used the guide attached.

Attachments

• Emailing CHLH_retrofit.pdf
    445.5 KB · Views: 144
Incase the other pdf doesn't work.

Attachments

• CHLH_retrofit.pdf
    445.5 KB · Views: 174
Interesting, mine is an a-line 2007 using an M module,

Just looked at an L module and your fog lights run from 19 and 21 so I would have the same problem

I’m not, hard to explain, but fogs should come on when unlocking, yes?
Mine don’t as they don’t come via the module. The fogs are feed from pins q9 and 21 but mine don’t if you catch my drift

Yes fogs on when unlocking car and locking car with CH/LH working.
Why would your fog lights be wired different? is there wiring changes on a 2007 model? have you checked the wiring diagram for
your year?
I assume your module was from a B7

Just looked at the wiring diagram, pins 19 and 31 look like front fogs to me.

I have no clue as to why they are wires differently, maybe spec from the factory? Mine had no extras that I can see.
I have successfully install door warning lights, footwell lights front and rear, cruise control but this has stumped me..
I have looked on eBay at both modules M and L and they all have white/blue and green/blue wires in pins 19 and 21 but look at module M’s nothing...

So what are your foglights wired to then, I just cant believe there wired different.
that means they don't follow the wiring diagrams for the car.

That’s the million dollar question, I don’t have access to wiring diagrams so I can’t look!

it seem late into the model to change things..

confused

I checked my Haynes manual and it shows the front fogs like my wiring, so why would it change in the last years?
I don't seem to be able to help you with this as I don't no, there is a guy on this forum who does retrofits he may be able to help you.
I will find his name and send to you.

No response from the mentioned fella, so back to square one!

anybody have any ideas why some wiring for fogs are different?

No response from the mentioned fella, so back to square one!

anybody have any ideas why some wiring for fogs are different?

Quickest method to contact Nigel is by WhatsApp message.
He does tend to be in hot demand so won't allways see threads on the forum but will get a WhatsApp message very promptly.

please Whatsapp on 07974994143