Audi passenger window doesnt roll up

Crash2010

Reaction score
Just joined this forum for some help with my new audi a3 1.8tfsi s tronic.

basically my front passenger window doesnt roll up when pressing from the button on passenger door at all and one touch operation doesnt work when dropping window down. But everything works as usual on the drivers main controls.

Been doing my head in all day so ordered one of those obdeleven scanners to get some codes up and maybe add a few little upgrades with it.

any help is appreciated

Tbh if drivers door switch works then I'd be inclined to lean towards the switch being faulty.

Reactions: zac7654321 and Crash2010
Thanks so much for your contribution. Just checked on ebay they go for about a tenner so will start off with that

Thanks so much for your contribution. Just checked on ebay they go for about a tenner so will start off with that
DO NOT buy a new module.

That will have to be paramaterized which means trip to the dealer. Ask me how I know lol.

You can do a relearn function for all the windows. You can do it via OBDEleven or VCDS.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crash2010
DO NOT buy a new module.

That will have to be paramaterized which means trip to the dealer. Ask me how I know lol.

You can do a relearn function for all the windows. You can do it via OBDEleven or VCDS.

thanks for your advice.

i hope it doesnt get to that

also i’ve got the obdeleven scanner where do i find the option to relearn windows? Im using obdeleven with iphone dont know if thats restricting me because when i checked functions i couldnt do long coding/adaptations with iphone. Not that im capable of doing it tho

thanks for your advice.

i hope it doesnt get to that

also i’ve got the obdeleven scanner where do i find the option to relearn windows? Im using obdeleven with iphone dont know if thats restricting me because when i checked functions i couldnt do long coding/adaptations with iphone. Not that im capable of doing it tho
I misspoke forgive me.

I made a thread regarding recalling window memory location when the "Auto" Function stops working.

I meant there is a way of bringing the window down and up. I think it is either in basic settings or adaptations. I need to check again. Basically, if the window can be rolled down or up IT WILL. This is to verify it can be done.

If it can be done then your window switch might be faulty but, from,my,understanding you can always verify ANYTHING. This mentality of consumerism and discarding a "broken" part makes no sense to me if you can in theory repair it or determine the cause of the problem. Either way a window switch does not cost a lot of money.

Reactions: zac7654321 and Crash2010
Thanks i’m yet to commit on dismantling my doorcard to check this as im pretty hesitant about taking this car apart. Waiting for a repair quote from professionals to push me to the edge and risk it

Thanks i’m yet to commit on dismantling my doorcard to check this as im pretty hesitant about taking this car apart. Waiting for a repair quote from professionals to push me to the edge and risk it
If you need help removing it I can 100% percent assist you. It is very easy to do and you are 5% likely to break anything.

I can send you photos, videos, etc... Whatever you need to be able to take the doorcard off, reprogram, etc...

I have watched some videos on youtube and it looks as easy as my golf mk6 which was a walk in the park for a guy like myself. Just waiting for a sunny day to take off the doorcard and give the switch a clean before my next steps.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence, i’ll keep in touch if an issue arises.

I have watched some videos on youtube and it looks as easy as my golf mk6 which was a walk in the park for a guy like myself. Just waiting for a sunny day to take off the doorcard and give the switch a clean before my next steps.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence, i’ll keep in touch if an issue arises.
No worries man.

Like I said if you have any questions let me know. I want to help as many people as possible. If this means you save 150 bucks going to the dealer then my mission is accomplished.

FYI. Make sure you use that OBD2 scan tool. More importantly, when you try to lower or raise the windows do you hear the motor "click"?

Much appreciated.

Obdelven says there isnt any faults related to the window at all.
There is no sound from the motor at all when i try to raise the window.

Much appreciated.

Obdelven says there isnt any faults related to the window at all.
There is no sound from the motor at all when i try to raise the window.
Can you make the window regulator cycle? By bringing the window up and down? There is a setting for this. The fact it is not clicking is a bit odd though. Does it click if you try to lower it at least?

Im not sure of any cycles from mmi or obdeleven from what i’ve looked at.

yes, lowering the window does work but not one touch operation.
I’ve ordered a used switch from ebay for £10 as everyone i had spoken to had pointed it at the switch so just waiting for delivery before removing anything.

much appreciated