A3 8V Exhaust Tip size?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I am trying to find chrome stainless steel exhaust tips but the sizes I am looking for are not making any sense.

My tape measure is saying the inside diameter is just under 70mm but I cannot find anything that is this size.

They sell OEM ones on ebay, but I am not spending 70+ just for some tips.

Does anyone know the exact size I need to be searching for, is it 69mm or larger?

I dont care if they come from China, but I need to ensure they fit.

A3 - 5dr Sportback 2.0TDI 150BHP 2014

Thank you so much

Hey
I am trying to find chrome stainless steel exhaust tips but the sizes I am looking for are not making any sense.

My tape measure is saying the inside diameter is just under 70mm but I cannot find anything that is this size.

They sell OEM ones on ebay, but I am not spending 70+ just for some tips.

Does anyone know the exact size I need to be searching for, is it 69mm or larger?

I dont care if they come from China, but I need to ensure they fit.

A3 - 5dr Sportback 2.0TDI 150BHP 2014

Thank you so much
if it's an s3 then exhaust tips are oval 3" x 2 1/2"

Yeah its the circle version A3
Its confusing as I cannot see a 70mm insert which mine seems to be, and if 70mm is standard on a 8v A3 why are they not being sold, its very strange.
If I get a cheap Chinese one, I want to make sure I get the exact mm.
I don't know if anyone has bought one and knows the exact mm I need?
Really appreciate it all

I just sold a pair of almost new s-line tips. The outer diameter was approximately 76 mm. They fit to a 65 mm pipe.

Why not to measure the pipe diameter first? The outer diameter of the tip would be approximately 10 mm bigger.

Thanks all.
I just managed to find some OEM Audi tips which are double dipped for 50.00 from Huntington Audi on Ebay.
They are a little more than I wanted to pay but not bad considering they are £100 if I walked into my local Audi.

Reactions: dp_motley
Thanks all.
I just managed to find some OEM Audi tips which are double dipped for 50.00 from Huntington Audi on Ebay.
They are a little more than I wanted to pay but not bad considering they are £100 if I walked into my local Audi.
The oem is the best :) And the price is good too.

I just sold a pair of almost new s-line tips. The outer diameter was approximately 76 mm. They fit to a 65 mm pipe.
Not sure if your still around mate but if so we’re these s-line tips for the FL saloon ?
trying to get the measurements to replace the tips on my 2020 A3 8V sline ?