What air intake?

Audi McAudiface

Reaction score
I’m looking to get a new air intake for my S3, I realise there’s not much if any power increase, purely doing it for the sound so if anyone has any suggestions or some sound samples it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Audi lovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh there are performance increases but you do have to accompany it with other mods eg inlet pipe, turbo muffler and remap

I personally have the VWR600 which was recommended to me by MRC tuning

Basically go with what you like the look of, what you can afford and offers what you think, the best performance

I will recommend the VWR600 with their new mesh filter 100%

Oh there are performance increases but you do have to accompany it with other mods eg inlet pipe, turbo muffler and remap

I personally have the VWR600 which was recommended to me by MRC tuning

Basically go with what you like the look of, what you can afford and offers what you think, the best performance

I will recommend the VWR600 with their new mesh filter 100%
What sort of increase pal

Buy a high quality turbo inlet pipe. As some of them when manufactured can have dimples on the inside which is not a big deal but, if we are comparing turbo inlet pipes might be worth discussing.

Do not buy any of the overpriced stuff. It serves no better purpose than the cheaper ones.

I bought the USP Motorsports Air Intake because, it was cheap but had a very simple straight through design and even the filter housing and filter look good as well. I was trying to find a cheap version of the eventuri design they have in the UK and it led me to USP Motorsports. I flipped the housing and orientation of the filter and I have to say the sound and the performance is noticeable. Other people disagree but I am very OCD about a lot of things and mods are one of them. Intakes are very much worth it but, the 500-700 dollar ones are not. I absolutely despise the fact that EVERYTHING has to be made out of carbon fiber. I do not care about carbon fiber I just want something that works if it is in the performance department. Aesthetics are a whole other thing and usually I find carbon fiber inserts in the interior, small spoilers, side canards, splitters, front splitters, etc... to be very cringe and ricer-esque.

But HEY, that's just me.

Also, these other aftermarket air intakes block air that would normally go to the oil cooler so they can re direct it to the air intake. Now it has not been proven to be a big deal but, if the engineers engineered it that way from stock then there surely has to be a reason behind it...

Just my .02 as I have researched this topic heavily.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: N.J.H
What sort of increase pal

I dont have the figures but I would say in the region of 10-20bhp depending on intake, conditions, location, temp, etc... - you are increasing volume flow, smoothening internal pipework on the inlet and turbo muffler, etc... will also depend on your ECU tune if you decide to go to Stage 1

Reactions: John Pilkington
I bought a RamAir intake with turbo elbow and inlet pipe.

Feels a bit sharper and sounds incredible.

Im only going stage one so im not overly fussed about dropping hundreds into an intake.

I got an AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 CAI with Pro DRY S Filter combined with a BMS turbo elbow. which is a great combi for a lot of noise! :D The videos below is without hood insulation and open sunroof.

13 Large

I’ve just ordered these (should be here tomorrow)

R600 Intake
26ca531b6e51a0bb218439bd4f17239c.jpg

Cotton Filter
c594cfa1e809cec07a2567e3b0a2204d.jpg

Intake Pipe
f6dc3a5501ad243ca50b20e65b912197.jpg

Turbo Elbow
0923918f211ca7f65811d25fda359c2f.jpg

Turbo Muffler Delete
c89329dcd0f95ea46592322569dd103c.jpg

Coolant Hose
194d815587ff0ec8ce1378245dc88bb5.jpg

Not sure what increase that will give me on my standard car but I plan to go Revo stage 1 later in the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: N.J.H, Boydie and Leevr
Tbh you wont get much of an increase on a stock car but the added noise is worth it. When I did the intake on mine the car was still on a stock ECU map, but I did think it pulled a little stronger at the top end. That might be because the previous paper filter was dirty and restricting it. But if you plan on going stage 1 or 2 then the intake upgrade is definitely worth it.
Prior to the remap my car made 306bhp with an upgraded intake and front mounted intercooler. Admittedly it was a very hot day, like 25C, but even so a little gain but not much. But this all came into its own after the remap.

Reactions: Lehn and N.J.H