Brakes !

Markmantz

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum .
Ok I have a 09 reg Audi A3 facelift 1.6 i .
I have trouble with the brakes . When I do an emergency stop and I mean really stamp on the brake pedal doing 40mph the drivers wheel locks up and skids and the pedal goes to the floor and pulses like the abs is working on the other wheels , I can still steer but the brakes won’t release until I come to a stand still . Any other time the brakes are fine they stop as normal. Oh and also when i do an emergency stop hence not stamp on the brakes and apply them abit sharpest the abs works on all wheels .. lastly there’s no lights on the dash . And I had the abs module and pump changed last April. Cheers guys please help .

Who did the abs module as they're a pig to bleed & Audi use a vacuum tool to do properly to avoid air pockets, was actually talking to a friend mastertech at Audi about this recently.

Who did the abs module as they're a pig to bleed & Audi use a vacuum tool to do properly to avoid air pockets, was actually talking to a friend mastertech at Audi about this recently.
Audi did all the work themselves.

Under warranty for 2 years if new, so I'd go back to them.

Under warranty for 2 years if new, so I'd go back to them.
I went back last week to do an abs test Cost £60 but couldn’t find anything wrong all brakes work normally and with the same readings .

Urmmmm wonder if that calipers piston is getting stuck on for a while whereas the others are cadence braking with abs.

I would remove the wheel & test caliper piston movement with braking see if it returns properly or not.

Also check that wheel for heat as stick caliper transfers heat to the wheel.

Urmmmm wonder if that calipers piston is getting stuck on for a while whereas the others are cadence braking with abs.

I would remove the wheel & test caliper piston movement with braking see if it returns properly or not.

Also check that wheel for heat as stick caliper transfers heat to the wheel.
Sometimes when I drive the front drivers wheel squeaks sometimes like the pads are squeaking. So probably makes sense the calliper maybe stuck slightly.mmmmmm

Sounds like it's worth a look, it's actually made me think about my driver's front as it squeaks, but that maybe pad, disc squeaking.

Sounds like it's worth a look, it's actually made me think about my driver's front as it squeaks, but that maybe pad, disc squeaking.
Maybe but if the calliper is not going back enough then the pads will squeak surly ?? As it’s still touching the disc .

Agreed mate, I'll check mine soon enough.

I’ll check mine this weekend and fingers crossed it’s the problem otherwise it’s goodbye to the car .

These things can be resolved I'm sure, patience needed ;)