Retrofit A6 luggage system in A4?!

Dave The Jackal

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just picked up my new B8.5 TDI Quattro SE Technik Avant (190) and it's a huge upgrade over my trusty, but leggy, B8.

As seems to be quite common, my thoughts have immediately turned to what I can buy for it...!

I love the look of the luggage restraint system (8K9-098-550) and would ideally like to source one to retrofit and keep all of the kids stuff and shopping in place while I explore the combination of more traction and power , but they seem to be hen's teeth.

Has anyone ever heard of someone using an A6 system instead? There are a few on flea bay, but would they fit? I don't mind trimming the rails down, but would they fit otherwise E.g. the 'bar' that goes across the width of the boot, or could this be trimmed too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not too sure if the A6 rails would fit. I have the load system in my car, took out the two restraining bars, (one is like seat belt webbing and the metal one is telescopic) as they were mostly in the way.

Are there non on eBay in Germany?

Thanks for your reply John, they look like they'd do the trick, but I was hoping to spend less than that!

The attraction of the A6 option is that there are plenty about for not too much money - perhaps I'll take a punt and see if some handy work with the Dremmel cracks it!