Alpine head unit - steering wheel controls

Bloxham

Reaction score
Guys,
Just bought a 2011 A3 8P Sportback- it's a 2.0TDI Quattro.
It's got the OE Audi head unit without bluetooth & I want to fit an Alpine double din head unit that I took out of a previous car.
I've ordered the facia surround & a CT20AU04 cable adaptor. However, I don't think this is going to work with the steering wheel controls.
Any recommendations as to what adaptor cable / cables I need please ?

Apologies if this has been done to death before, but I'm struggling for a straightforward answer !

Thanks

Guys,
Just bought a 2011 A3 8P Sportback- it's a 2.0TDI Quattro.
It's got the OE Audi head unit without bluetooth & I want to fit an Alpine double din head unit that I took out of a previous car.
I've ordered the facia surround & a CT20AU04 cable adaptor. However, I don't think this is going to work with the steering wheel controls.
Any recommendations as to what adaptor cable / cables I need please ?

Apologies if this has been done to death before, but I'm struggling for a straightforward answer !

Thanks
One other question- I want to mount my phone, ideally between the face-level vents on the dash - there are some mounts available for this but they look shoddy - any recommendations ?

Thanks - ordered the OEM mount - any ideas ref the cables ?

I know that connects2 has specific adapters for alpine units that also support mfsw
Better contact their customer care for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - now I'm thinking it might be better to retain the existing Concert head unit & fit a connects2 CTAADBT004 bluetooth adaptor for
about £80.