Gap insurance

SaraS3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking of Gap insurance and wondered if anyone has heard of Aequitas Automotive Limited?
It came up on a search and their quote seems reasonable compared to the dealer £191 for a 3 year policy.
Or can anyone give me any companies to search for please?
Thanks anyone

Not heard of them myself but more important to see who the underwriter is and make sure they're based in the UK and reputable! I'm with DirectGap and can only comment on how easy they have been to deal with when taking out and amending the policy, luckily I have not had to exercise the policy.

Reactions: SaraS3
@SaraS3 - Not heard of that company TBH
However Google might be your friend for a bit od research into it

I've used this company for my last 3 GAP policies
https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/

Going to be using them for a 4th time for the new X3 as well

Reactions: SaraS3 and Adam14
I used a company called shortfall. When I told VW I got a better deal and they wanted to much it the salesman said it was the same company they used.

£120 for 3 years return to invoice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I used a company called shortfall. When I told VW I got a better deal and they wanted to much it the salesman said it was the same company they used.

£120 for 3 years return to invoice

Thanks. That's £70 less than the quote I did with the other company. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raiden
I’ve used Shortfall for GAP for the past 2 policies, and currently have scratch and dent, tyre, alloy and excess insurance with them. They are a trading name of Aequitas Automotive Limited, I think 123 Gap are as well. Customer service has always been pretty good.

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

When trying to get a quote, it comes up with
Login failed for user 'AFwebdesk'

ive gone with admiral insurance since my car policy was with them also. half the price of the dealers for 4 yrs.

When trying to get a quote, it comes up with
Login failed for user 'AFwebdesk'
Hi.
Thanks for letting me know. If you wanted to PM some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.