2010 A3 Steering Issues.. Please Help!!!

RayMcC

Reaction score
Hi, my other half has a 2010 1.4 A3.. There seems to be an issue with the steering and I can’t seem to figure out what is causing it.
The problem is that when you turn the steering quickly it seems like it’s getting caught on something (some resistance) it doesn’t stop you from turning but the only way I can explain it is if someone’s grabbing the wheel while your turning. There is also an issue where (whilst driving) if you go over a bump through a turn the steering feels heavy and it seems like someone is pulling the steering wheel the other way (only for a Millisecond)
There is no steering light on and I’ve plugged it in but no error codes come up. The only thing that is coming up on the dash is an error saying that the start stop system is temporarily unavailable.
We are looking to sell the car as the family is growing but I can’t sell it knowing that it has this issue..
Any help would be really appreciated!!
Thanks

I suggest you get the battery tested. It could be as simply as your battery to be struggling with the high current draw when you do some dynamic steering.

A depleted battery also causes Stop start to not work.

The test you need to do is on Cold Cranking Amp, take your car for a 20 min long motorway then take it to a local ca shop to do the test on the battery in it’s charged state normally it’s free or costs £5.

I suggest you get the battery tested. It could be as simply as your battery to be struggling with the high current draw when you do some dynamic steering.

A depleted battery also causes Stop start to not work.

The test you need to do is on Cold Cranking Amp, take your car for a 20 min long motorway then take it to a local ca shop to do the test on the battery in it’s charged state normally it’s free or costs £5.

New battery sorted all the issues, thanks bud!

Reactions: aqibi2000