Part throttle feels quicker?

Lord Vader

Reaction score
Your thoughts please , I have a 99 S3 and it feels quicker on part throttle than foot to the floor, just wondered if anyone had encountered this before?
Foot to the floor it has a constant steady increase in speed, 3/4 down and the speed increases the same as foot to the floor but at about 4000rpm theres an extra burst of speed?

It has been re-mapped by superchips and I have changed the dv, so any thoughts would be great.
Cheers.

I should have said, I put a brand new one on from Audi as soon as I got the car. So it has done about 3000 miles so far, I have also cleaned the throttle body.

Lord Vader said:
I should have said, I put a brand new one on from Audi as soon as I got the car. So it has done about 3000 miles so far, I have also cleaned the throttle body.

Is it a throttle cable, or flyby wire? think they are cable on pre 2000 models

Fly by wire on this one it's an apy coded engine, to be honest I know nothing really about Audi's my backgrounds in Fords so i'm learning as fast as I can.
Someone suggested the intake hose to the turbo, from experience with Fords I doubt it is the intake hose. Any other ideas would be great!

They are all like this fella, the DBW lag is a pain!

You can get a module that pugs in the TB i think and sharpens the throttle response, called a Srint Booster or Spirit Booster or something..?
Think it cons the ECU into thinking the throttle has moved more than it has or something.

Is yours mapped.

Lag, this goes off to put the kettle on!:lazy:

Yes has been chipped!

I think its just a trait with them mine is the same. I think there is a biut of lag in the ECU also, as everyhting settles and the ECU recalcualtes its values etc.I find even when turbo is really on song, say 4800 revs, and you lift off momentarily before nailing it again, there is about 0.5 seconds lag before it all gets going again!

Mine the same, foot to the foor then ease of and it flies!.. Foot to the floor and it doesn't do a thing....