Injector recall help please

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Been looking around on the forum and the net and it came up alot that the a3 2.0 tdi bnm had a recall to have new injector's could anybody please help and explain a bit more about this and should i tell my son to get in contact with audi to see if his car has already had the recall done and what do you think would be the best course of action as from what i have read seem's more trouble with the injector recall and trying to get the work done tidy by audi. thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
I’d tell him to go to Audi and they can check the records. Then he can decide if he wants it done.

Might be easier to call Audi UK customer service and give them the chassis number?

It was pretty much all the PD 170 TDIs across the VAG range. Siemens injectors only not Bosch. But yes, easiest to contact Audi I would think. I had to replace two in my A4 in later life too as even the recalled/replaced ones weren't warrantied forever :-(

Last edited:
It was pretty much all the PD 170 TDIs across the VAG range. Siemens injectors only not Bosch. But yes, easiest to contact Audi I would think. I had to replace two in my A4 in later life too as even the recalled/replaced ones weren't warrantied forever :-(
Thanks for that gave them a call and they said that my son's car a3 diesel sline bnm 2.0 170bhp did not have the recall thank god as there seems to be alot of problems with the work done by the audi mechanics. thank you for your help

Thanks for that gave them a call and they said that my son's car a3 diesel sline bnm 2.0 170bhp did not have the recall thank god as there seems to be alot of problems with the work done by the audi mechanics. thank you for your help

Confused here as personally, I would have thought that you would want them to do the recall to save the cost of having it done elsewhere. I know there has been many complaints about the emissions work outcome but not sure that carries across into the injector recall does it?

My understanding from the response was that their particular car wasn't in the range of VINs that needed the recall? I could be wrong :)

My understanding from the response was that their particular car wasn't in the range of VINs that needed the recall? I could be wrong :)
Probably me then, I read it that he had not had the recall done but was glad because of poor reviews.