awesome gti remap 2.0tdi

mickaldo

Reaction score
has anyone on here had awesome gti remap done on a 2.0tdi and if so what are your thoughts cheers. aparently this is there own map.

Not had one done by the guys at Awesome but they are a great outfit with superb facilities run by enthusiasts so doubt you would have any problems.

I think they use 'Star' performance software which can be programmed to work via the cruise control stalk if fitted.

Spin

Hi
APR is for petrols , they dont do diesel
We are doing our own remaps at the mo
We are building up our maos just now
What bhp one is it? Then I may be able to help
Sarah

ooops!!!

Anyway, hi.
Just to carry on with what sarah said, it is our own mapping, not APR or Star Performance.

And we are getting some great results.

We have a 2.0tdi a3 demo car which we have done some extensive research, It drives great! Super strong and very smooth!

If you need any info, give us a call on 0161 776 0777

Bye for now
Dean

AwesomeSarah said:
Hi
APR is for petrols , they dont do diesel
We are doing our own remaps at the mo
We are building up our maos just now
What bhp one is it? Then I may be able to help
Sarah

Ha! Knew you'd be along!

awesome_dean said:
ooops!!!

Anyway, hi.
Just to carry on with what sarah said, it is our own mapping, not APR or Star Performance.

And we are getting some great results.

We have a 2.0tdi a3 demo car which we have done some extensive research, It drives great! Super strong and very smooth!

If you need any info, give us a call on 0161 776 0777

Bye for now
Dean

Which 2.0Tdi engine??? Care to share some details????

Think there are a few of us TDi 170 owners looking to remap in the future and would be interested to read a write up on a remapped version.

I rang you guys at Awesome with regards to 2.0tdi remapping a few weeks ago and received dreadful service over the phone from a guy who appeared to have no interest whatsoever. I won't ring again! I'm not moaning but just giving a little constructive advice about telephone handling for queries of this nature.

I spoke to Star Performance last week as I have used them for several of my post cars.

I have to phone back next week as the main guy is on holiday and the guy is not to sure if they yet have a remap that works for the 170.

Paulsporta3 said:
I rang you guys at Awesome with regards to 2.0tdi remapping a few weeks ago and received dreadful service over the phone from a guy who appeared to have no interest whatsoever. I won't ring again! I'm not moaning but just giving a little constructive advice about telephone handling for queries of this nature.

Hi
I am sorry that you had the bad service on the phone
There are quite a few of us here and the majority of the times they are answered by us here in sales
The problem is we see to the customers here in reception too and if we are busy someone else answers the phone.
It does sound like you have had a bad experience and I am sorry about that
I will have a word with the lads and make sure they all know
That is the main problem with being the only woman here , if I talk to anyone they all know who it was
If you need any help at all please feel freen to PM me the info , or if you call ask for me
Sarah

Dissapointed to hear of the experience of bad service. This comes of a major suprise especially when our team have so much enthusiasm for our market and especially the buzz around the place with the performance we are seeing from our diesel chipping.

Perhaps if you could pm me to discuss this or give me a ring on 0161 776077, and please except my apologies on behalf of the company as we pride ourselves on our customer service.

Regards
Mark Ash (General Manager) Awesome

coupe-se said:
Which 2.0Tdi engine??? Care to share some details????

Think there are a few of us TDi 170 owners looking to remap in the future and would be interested to read a write up on a remapped version.

Cough, cough, cough ...................... :ermm: (you aren't doing yourself any favours are you!?!?!?)

coupe-se said:
Cough, cough, cough ...................... :ermm: (you aren't doing yourself any favours are you!?!?!?)
This is something that is very new
Is it possible for you to give us a call on 0161 7760777 press option 1 to get through to the sales dept.
As of yet we do not have info that we are wanting to go on to the public forum
Dean did state that if anyone was interested to give us a call on this
It is just for now , as soon as this is all up and running with all the info we will be doing quite a bit of info on this
I have not been ignoring these statements we would just prefer if people could give us a call on this if that is OK?
Sarah

AwesomeSarah said:
This is something that is very new
Is it possible for you to give us a call on 0161 7760777 press option 1 to get through to the sales dept.
As of yet we do not have info that we are wanting to go on to the public forum
Dean did state that if anyone was interested to give us a call on this
It is just for now , as soon as this is all up and running with all the info we will be doing quite a bit of info on this
I have not been ignoring these statements we would just prefer if people could give us a call on this if that is OK?
Sarah

Before spending time and money on a phonecall about a remap I'd like to go ahead with in the future ................. I would be extremely interested to read a comprehensive write up, and no doubt alot of others would read with great interest too. Apost of this nature on this forum would also be a great advertising tool. It would be a real pain for you for 10 odd people phoning up just to hear your story about it, when they had no immediate plans to spent money. One of those could easily then do a write up on here about what you said and get something wrong.

It seemed odd to post about it and give no info, if you did'nt want to 'go public' you should have said I would have understood......... just ignoring a post is rather rude and bad P.R.

Anyway, I will wait to read a write up on here as I am very interested in getting my 170 re-mapped, though you still haven't said which 2.0TDi engine you're actually talking about!?!? :wacko: I hope it is the 170!!:)

We are going to be doing ALL remaps on the PD deisels that will be for the VAG cars
I have not ignored any post , it was stated to give us a call and then we can get some info to you
This is at the moment something that is in early stages so we have little information to give out
At the moment research is being done on the 170pd so we have no info
When we do have information to give out then we will put it on all the forums
If the customer does not have the time to give us a call during the week we are open on saturdays too
We pride ourselfs on the customer relations we have with everyone , but when it comes to something like research and development of something as big as remaps then it can sometimes be a 2 way thing
Sarah

I'd just like to stick up for Awesome at this point.

No company is faultless but I can honestly say that this is the first negative comment that I think I've ever seen about them and, having been a member on another forum for 3 years, I'd say that's pretty good going. :respekt:

Thank you for those kind words
We do try our best to please everyone , but if anyone has been waiting here and see how mad the phones get and forum work too it can get busy
As siad all it takes is for 1 person on a bad day to cause this
But we are here to resolve this hopefully
Sarah

Paulsporta3 said:

I can't say I am sursprised to hear this. I have dealt with Awesome GTI when I had a Mk4 golf and always found them to have pretty terrible customer service, especially over the phone, but more worryingly in person.

I don't know if you have the same staff running the place as there was about 4 yrs ago but I would certainly not ever wish to do business with Awesome GTI again. If you are spending money with a company the least you expect is to be treated professionally and respectfully. Sounds like they have not learned this in the last 4 yrs :no:

Cooky

Hi
In the last 4 years there has been a full new set of sales people here now
I have been here 18months , Andy about 2 years and Dean about 3 years
We have been picked for our enthusiasm and our dedication to the job
We have moved on from the old days and I love my job and was asked to come to Awesome from another tuning company , Dean closed down his own business to come and work here , Andy has worked his way up through the ranks too
I do pride myself on doing the job to the best of my ability and will go out of my way to help as many as I can
I have greamt of Powerflex bushes , exhausts and other bits
I think my fella now listens to me while I am sleeping and reminds me of them in the morning , the last one being BMW ARB`s
I think it sounds like the last group of guys left a few upset customers of ours that we have slowly returned to us
Sarah

AwesomeSarah said:
I have not ignored any post , it was stated to give us a call and then we can get some info to you
Sarah

Considering you are trying to promote a company and trying to attract potential audi owning customers like myself, you really do know how to alienate people!!

Read the thread and posts again in order and you did NOT directly address my questions or acknowledge me in any way after I posted and only ACTUALLY acknowledged me when I put "cough, cough, cough'" up. Then no no apology out of politenes to a potential customer. Then you say you did not ignore me ......... nice way to encourage me to part cash with you!! :sadlike:

As someone that has no background knowledge of yourselves or your history I'm not terribly impressed with my first contact with you and no doubt others will read the thread and make there own judgments either way. Its hard to run any business and most people try and cultivate potential business.

To be fair though I recently had deaings with a competitor of yourselves and they did not bad mouth you at all and said that you were stiff competition for them and viewed you as their main competitor. A back handed compliment really.

I'll shut up now and go away, I won't bother asking any more questions of your company via the forum as its obviously too much hassle and you obviously prefer people to spend time and money phoning you instead!!

I wish I could remember who the gentleman was on the phone but he gave the impression of being a complete novice with very little response to my questoins about the service you were trying to get off the ground.

I work within the service industry and may be more critical than others but we generally live in an age where customer satisfaction means very little and a company that can excell in this department will stand out above the rest.

It is too late for me as Well Lane Turbo did a good job on my A3 on behalf of Superchips.

Just to let you guys know that I received an email from Superchips saying that the TDI 170PS remap is now available for £599. I'm tempted, although the BHP increase isn't as much as I'd hoped for. 200bhp is roughly what they're quoting (they were talking about 215bhp at one stage.) Torque increase is in the region of 30% however.

We had a call from Tunit last week to say that their`s is up and running
This is the plug in didgital tuning box that is very easily removed in approx 10 mins with no sign of it for warranty issues
This is giving 195bhp and torque goes up to 280lb/ft.Their price is £398.00 + VAT
If that helps anyone
Sarah

I spoke to the guy from Star Performance this morning.

They are still not offering a remap for the 170 yet still problems with the particle filter. He said Audi are doing some sort of upgrade to this he is not sure exactly what but keeping a eye on things and hopes he will soon have a remap available.

I had a similar reply from JabbaSport a couple of weeks ago...... 170 remaps on hold until the Particulate Filter issue has been resolved.

Shame really as my car is nearly run-in........

I have dealt with Jim and Awesome for years, and never had a problem and stood in thier reception old & new and it can get manic, Mark's post shows the commitment.........

Are you 2.0 TDI vag maps switchable Sarah?

The 170 is best left unmapped @ the moment due to DPF issue's and DPF sensor issues too, causing the DPF to go into regeneration mode when it does not need to, you'll know it sounds like a lawnmower lol idles faster and vibrates