Got Car Back From Audi - Issues Now Resolved :-)

Audi Ashley

Reaction score
So guys awhile ago I know I annoyed a few people with multiple posts regarding 2 issues with my car and for that I apoologise and yes this is the last post (hopefully) as after ongoing trips to Audi and dealing with Audi HO I have got my issues solved just within my warranty.

I am posting this to help others who have simular issues and where told like me that its a 'characteristic of the car' and that its normal when clearly its not.

CAR - 2016 Audi A3 S Line STronic 1.4ftsi COD

ISSUE ONE - Strange Noise during gear change and when releasing brake. (Once car has got up to temp after 20mins or so).

So again I was told this was normal and probably the diverter valve or something.

FIX - Brand new modified clutch. There are 2 TSB regarding this issue and modified shims where fitted.

ISSUE TWO - Strange rattle or ticking noise when in 2 cyclinder mode (COD). (Sounds like a cinema projector around 1800 rpm).

This one drove me nuts as it clearly didnt sound right and after many many forums post and hunting I was told this is normal and to deal with it, people saying that just turn up the radio and etc. I found a few posts from a VW / SEAT forum where it was mentioned it could be the turbo actuator rattling.

FIX - Brand New Complete Turbo. Indeed it was the actuator that was rattling and there is no 'clip fix' for this engine and the rattle varies from engine to engine. A quaity build issue. However following on from my visits this has now been brought to Audi's attention back at HO and the fix is to replace the whole Turbo as the actuator comes with it. I thought they would just replace the actuator but to my surprise they replaced the whole lot. My old Turbo has been sent back and under investigation as a customer complaint so hopefully this will become a TSB.

As of now I'm a very happy Audi customer as the car is now so smooth quiet and the only way I know Im in COD mode is via the dash. Very Happy :)

I hope this helps someone as its given me alot of searching, phone calls, capturing evidence and messing about.

Again sorry for the amount of posts regarding these issues.

Reactions: Jcbmally, loftylad, KenL and 14 others
Yes, glad to hear the problems are fixed without you having to shell out.

Out of interest, because I have the same engine, can you still rattle the turbo actuator linkage by hand? I remember you showing this in one of your posts, and it would be very interesting to know if this play has now gone.

Never need to apologise in regards to posting on the forum, it's what it is there for! Asking advice, sharing knowledge etc etc. Glad you got your car sorted and can fully enjoy it now

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra
@Audi Ashley never apologise for posting issues on the forum. We are all here to share our knowledge with others, Happy you got it sorted.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Just got a courtesy call from Audi HO and they have offered to extend the warranty for another year as a good will gesture .

Reactions: Jcbmally, Harvey, Jakereeves96 and 2 others
Hi Audi Ashley

I have the same problem like you.
What did you mean by "Audi HO" ? town ? address ?
I'm trying to find out if it's a garage or concession of the Audi network....
My english is poor......thanks a lot

My same problem like your cylinder mode noise:

Hi Audi Ashley

I have the same problem like you.
What did you mean by "Audi HO" ? town ? address ?
I'm trying to find out if it's a garage or concession of the Audi network....
My english is poor......thanks a lot

My same problem like your cylinder mode noise:
I mean I contacted Audi UK Head Office. - customer.services@audi.co.uk

Worth noting that my car was still under manufacture warranty when I took this up with Audi.