NEW A4

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Seen it in this weeks auto express, looks very nice. Think i'll be hanging onto my B6 for a while until this comes out.
Would explain why Audi are giving away extras on the B7 cheap....

AudiA4CGI_1_560px.jpg
AudiA5mule_2_560px.jpg
AudiA5mule_1_560px.jpg
AudiRoadjet_1_560px.jpg
AudiA4CGI_2_560px.jpg
AudiRoadjet_2_560px.jpg

Looks sweet, i always seem to buy the current model then they bring out a new one just after iv bought it ahhhhh ! :keule: :sadlike: :keule:

Same goes for me. My B7 arrives in 2 weeks (4 year company lease). So B8 in 2011 (cant wait.....................):sadlike:

Why are the Head Lights completely different in the first pic the the fourth pic. ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

"Engines will range from the new 1.8-liter TFSI starting at 130 hp..."

Ummm, aren't they supposed to make more power from newer engines, not less??? 130 bhp from a 1.8 turbo???

Anyways, the picture in the link above is just an A5 with doors photoshopped on the back!

filipharvey said:
"Engines will range from the new 1.8-liter TFSI starting at 130 hp..."
This is because the base engine replaces the current 130bhp 2.0.

filipharvey said:
Anyways, the picture in the link above is just an A5 with doors photoshopped on the back!
Nope.
Take a look at the A5 - completely different front end, especially the lights.

Yeh, ok, have to agree with you over my second point after further viewing!

But 130bhp from 1.8 turbo? whats the point of the turbo? You'd get 130bhp from any normally aspirated 1.8! My mrs' 1.8 A4 is 12 years old ***, and thats only 5 lil horses off that!

No, sorry, it either isn't right, or it is just stupid!

I think I read somewhere that Audi plan to use the TFSI format for all of its 4-cyl petrol engines. So, the 1.8TFSI 130bhp replaces the 2.0, the 1.8TFSI 160bhp replaces the old 1.8T, etc, etc.

I would expect the new engines to have much better torque than the outgoing models though.

h5djr said:
In case anyone is interested there is a 'sneak preview' of the new A4 at this URL - http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/
However, on closer inspection, it says :-

"[FONT=verdana, arial, geneva][SIZE=-1]With the new A4 just a little over four months away we wanted to give readers a good idea of what to expect inside and out. Matt Daniels has also prepared three exclusive renders of the 2009 A4 (sedan, Avant and S4) which represent our best guess at what the final product will look like.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

Does anyone know when it will actually be available? I'm in a position at the moment where I need to get another car, I'm tempted to order a new A3 Sportback as I dont want to trder the existing A4 as it's shelf life is coming to the end. I've read on some sites that the B8 A4 wont be available until March/April 08? However if it's four months away, I'll happily wait as I'd prefer the A4!!!
I spoke to the local Audi dealership earlier on today and they told me that UK dealers haven't been told anything about the release date of the new model (no surprise there).

Cheers.

i'm waiting for it also, i understand it will be early next year

It will be revealed to the public at the Frankfurt show in September, and I have read 'early 2008' for availability in the UK.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, and most likely a much better car to drive than the A3. The styling has been done by the same guy that did the A5 (who Audi poached from Alfa), so it should look fantastic !

The Avant a year later as a 09 model i´m told.

according to my dealer, last orders for the B7 saloon will be November 2006. The B8 saloon will be out in March 2008 with the avant following in July