Side skirts?

Adamdavid899

Reaction score
Hi everybody, so this dent has been pecking at me for a while.

It's been on the vehicle since purchase and looks like the previous owner has jacked the car up using the sill -.-..

Also I have some rust on the sill where the dent is and on the lower part of the front wing.

Now the question is, I have seen some s3 side skirts on eBay. Will these fit on my 2006 3 door s line. (8p2)?

Or, are they the same thing?

are they all removable with the locating holes like in this picture.. if yes then it makes my job 100 times easier.

Sorry for all the questions, anybody who's removed or done this job before would be a great help.

I'm sick of that ugly dent and the rust that comes with it, it's literally the only bad part on the whole car!

Many thanks

bcccfc58bf438fa9236470edc4e97a2f.jpg
6d4e6f472641e5f46f0235758852fd0f.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

That dent is part of the body. It would need pulling out.

The parts in the second pic look like they clip over the sill. If you don’t have the fittings already to swap, which it looks like you don’t could be a pita.

Hmm I'm not entirely sure that's right..

If you look at my second picture in the first post. look at the silver badge and where it ends ?

Then the whole trim wraps around and under the body. That's the part that's dented I'm sure.

Maybe I'm wrong?
0b7b7aa54fd6df6db39a9b1c265dac3e.jpg

Look at your car. The trim piece clips into the top of the vehicle.

The replacements you have shown clip into the top of the sill and wrap round the dented part of the sill in your picture. If you don’t have the fittings on the underside fitting them could be a pain.

Look at your car. The trim piece clips into the top of the vehicle.

The replacements you have shown clip into the top of the sill and wrap round the dented part of the sill in your picture. If you don’t have the fittings on the underside fitting them could be a pain.
I get you, well this is what I initially thought..

I wasn't sure if it was part of the sill or the skirts cover it..

Because mines an s line I assumed it had skirts :s the ones i have seen on eBay are also metal from how it looks as they are dented too? which is what also made me think this.. but again I might be wrong they could be plastic.

Another reason is the silver trim piece is attached to the skirt.

So I just thought it was one whole thing. Doh. My bad!

They aren't the ones I was buying .. I was just comparing.

Surely if they were plastic they wouldn't dent like this though
1cb535847edfc509995939855dbdd24e.jpg

But anyway, it's still a solution for my problem as I can underseal the dent and slap the skirt on and call it good?

That is, if it covers the entire dent..

Would this be an option?

P.s, sorry . You are right I just looked properly. Now I look like the village idiot but I'll take that and move on

Just check that they haven’t split the seam. The bit where the oem jack mounts to.

Reactions: Adamdavid899
Just check that they haven’t split the seam. The bit where the oem jack mounts to.
Yeah pinch weld is all good.

I do feel like an absolute idiot for thinking they had skirts on :s i never really looked properly at it before. Probably because I don't like seeing it. And I hate bodywork. Minus detailing etc.

Give me an impact and a socket set and I'll have the entire thing in bits in no time!

I think it's just because on the rear quarter on a two door they have that plastic trim pushed in at the bottom, I assumed that was part of the skirt, well it is .. just if you don't have them then you must remove that strip and the skirt takes its place.

So to fix my problem I'm thinking two skirts. And a new r/h wing.

I still have one query though, do the S3 skirts fit the s line. 8p2.

Anybody know.. they aren't exactly cheap really!

That I don’t know the answer to.

Search the forum. I’m sure there’s a concerting to s3 trim thread.

Reactions: Adamdavid899